1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I get a console (RJ-45 to DB-9) adaptor for an Alcatel Lucent OmniSwitch 6850?

Discussion in 'Servers and Enterprise Solutions' started by MikeHunt79, Feb 3, 2011.

1. MikeHunt79

Capodecina

Hi, does anyone know where I can get one of these cables? Preferably somewhere near Bristol...

If not does anyone know where I can find the wiring info so I can make my own cable? Thanks. :)

2. MikeHiow

Sgarrista

I have a shed load of Cisco ones here somewhere. More than happy to send one out if you want to try it.

3. MikeHunt79

Capodecina

Thanks for the offer. :) However, I've got someone going to get me a Cisco one right now, and I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the wiring in the Alcatel Lucent switches matches the Cisco switches...

If it doesn't them I'm going to have to make my own cable... I'm looking thru the PDF's right now trying trying to find the pin-out of the switch.

4. DRZ

Soldato

I used to manage a stack of 6850s here and although I've not plugged in a console cable into one in a while I seem to remember it being a type other than the Cisco cable, but dont quote me on that.

You will grow to hate these switches btw, they are utter ****.

5. paradigm

Caporegime

They are indeed different.

Cisco Console Cable:

COM Port - RJ45

1 ---------- X
    2 ---------- 3
    3 ---------- 6
    4 ---------- 7
    5 ---------- 4
    6 ---------- 2
    7 ---------- 8
    8 ---------- 1
    9 ---------- X

The Alcatel cable has this pinout:

COM Port - RJ45

1 ---------- X
    2 ---------- 6
    3 ---------- 3
    4 ---------- 2
    5 ---------- 4
    6 ---------- 7
    7 ---------- 1
    8 ---------- 8
    9 ---------- X

Which can be seen on this diagram: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Fduwa95b3Ac/TMB9s0Bq6AI/AAAAAAAADNE/grUS0E2yqMI/s1600/Alcatel+console.jpg