Where did you go on your bike today?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I must admit there was something quite nice about sitting on the train doing 140mph watching everything fly by.

There's a train in Japan that does 375mph, I'm not sure if its used for public transport yet. But there's is one that does 311mph which already had passengers already on it, there's quite a few videos online that people took with their smartphones.

I bet the view out of the window is just a massive blur. :p

Associate
There's a train in Japan that does 375mph, I'm not sure if its used for public transport yet. But there's is one that does 311mph which already had passengers already on it, there's quite a few videos online that people took with their smartphones.

I bet the view out of the window is just a massive blur. :p

Yet in this country they are spending god knows how much on a already outdated high speed railway line!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The bullet trains in Poland go 205-210mph, they railway stations are still being modernised though. So you might still end up on one of the old trains that do 40-50mph haha :p

dsb

dsb

Associate
OP
I went to the MAG Salisbury Spring Show.

What a day, some stunning old bikes and new, and the weather was great.

Soldato
Oulton park Track on Wednesday. Originally went into Intermediates, then didn't feel confident because:

a). I'd not ridden properly since September 2015
b). Full of BSB riders getting their eye in and full on proper racers...

Anyway, decided to play safe and go back in novice... and had a ball and one of the sessions only 4 of us on the track... usually around 7 people, it was epic in 19C sun... SUPERB!

MS1_0041.jpg

MS1_0017.jpg

MS1_8965.jpg

MS1_8888.jpg

Soldato
Shame the weather has turned colder this weekend but the sun was still shining so headed off into the dales with my lad. He's had an MT125 for a few months now. It used to be not worth spending a lot on a 125 as you'd only have it a few months, but as you're stuck with one for 2 years now you may as well get a nice one. He's actually just passed his full test which financially is pointless, but good to get the proper training and now he's ditched his L plates he gets nods from other bikers!

So we did a loop from Harrogate > Ripon > Leyburn > Aygarth > Kettlewell > Grassington > Pately Bridge > Harrogate - about 90 miles.

At first I found it a little frustrating having to knock the pace back so much, but then after half an hour I actually quite enjoyed just bimbling about, rolling on and off the throttle in 3rd trying not to use the brakes at all. As long I kept it under 60 he could keep up fine - it just meant no overtaking and sitting in traffic, but once resigned to it it was quite relaxing! Stopped for a tea at Aysgarth where there was a brief snow flurry, and then at Kettlewell in the cafe for some food.

All in all a great day out - the little MT is a cracking bike. At first glance it looks like a full size bike but comes in at just 140KG so it feels so so easy to move around. I quite fancy the 300 version for commuting.

We've got a trip booked in August to go to Belgium to do some more WW1 stuff (also with my dad on his Bonneville) and I have no doubt that the 125 will be absolutely fine for 150 mile days.

Dales ride with Jake by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom