Where did you meet your girlfriend/boyfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My my my, how time flies!

The above got proposed to at 6 months, says yes, then changes her mind, and I find out she had run back to her ex proclaiming she was still in love with him. He, being married with a young child, told her to **** off and rightly so. :D

Dumped her, she hooks up with someone 15 years older than her, they get married, and divorced within a year (lol).

After her was a long-term 5 year relationship with someone I met on POF, and as lovely as she was, we just weren't right for eachother. (she has a new fella and a kid now, very happy for them).

After taking a year break, I met someone on OkCupid, who I married after 3.5 years and we are moving in to our new house at the end of the month. :D

Congrats. Good times ahead.

Man of Honour
I was introduced to her by mutual friends. We went out as a group a few times and then one time she had a few too many glasses of wine and let her feelings be known.

I can't imagine dating someone from work due to the potential embarrassment of

a) them rejecting my advances initially
b) the aftermath of a breakup

Most people of course would say not to worry about such issues, but that's just my nature.

So the good news is, some 11 years after my last post in this thread we are still together!
However, I would say my views on dating someone from work have changed; if I ever split from my wife then I wouldn't rule it out.

Online dating has evolved quite a lot I think, there doesn't really seem to be any stigma attached to it these days. Around 15 years ago before I met my current partner it was just about starting to become acceptable to talk about but even then was basically a fallback "oh have you tried online dating?" for people who'd been single a while whereas now I think for some people that is just the default starting position with 'randomly' meeting someone IRL being viewed as an unlikely bonus.

Associate
(1986) My brother was going out with a girl who had a sister that was invited to a family thing. We hit it off and long story short we celebrated 31 years of marriage last month. Incidentally my brother and my wifes sister are still married too

Soldato
I met my wife by carrying her down the stairs (on an evac chair) at work.

She has a chronic disability which sometimes means she's wheelchair bound during episodes so she needed to have an assigned evac buddy. As my desk was closest to the stair-well I was assigned and trained then we met during a practice drill.

We hit it off and dated for about 6 months then got together properly, moved in together 3 months later, had our first child just over 2 years ago, got married last year and our 2nd child was born 4 weeks ago.

Associate
Also met my girlfriend at work. We worked in the same department for 3 years and hit it off slowly, things fell into perspective for us when I was invited on a family holiday with her :p...

So technically, I met her family before we dated, seemed to get the awkwardness out of the way I guess. Fast forward, been together for what's been an incredible 2 years :D

Soldato
Introduced to her at work as her trainer, first thing she said to me was I'll keep him on his toes, and that was that.4 years later, she really has, help haha.

Soldato
Technically I met my wife at nursery! We went to same nursery, first school, skipped middle school met again at high school and went to same college.

Lost contact after college, during all that time weren't ever together, was with other people during the time at one point she thought I was gay (I did find this amusing lol)

Fast forward abit and we're now married and have a son who is three.

Been together since 2012.

Soldato
Mid to Long term relationships:

2 x on a night out
1 x mates ex :eek:
1 x living in a communal block, found her passed out naked on the floor in the communal toilets through drink :D

Man of Honour
Thought that I’d answered this, but apparently not.
As I drove my taxi down Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, in London’s West End, years ago, two girls hailed me, outside the Charlotte Street Hotel, and asked for The Gregorian Arms pub, in Jamaica Road, Bermondsey.
I took them there, and by engaging in friendly, easy going conversation, it became clear that I wouldn’t be upsetting one of them if I suggested a possible tryst.
On arrival, I said to the one to whom I was attracted, “If you’re free one night, how about meeting for dinner?”
She said, “Mmm, perhaps, but how about going for a drink instead, to see if dinner would be a good idea?”
I said that it sounded like a plan, and she gave me her number, then they went in the pub.
I parked the taxi in St. James’ Road, and walked into the pub, ordering a ginger ale.
They were at the bar, having bought a bottle of wine, “What are you doing here?” they said.
“I’m having a drink with you, so that you can see that going to dinner with me would be not a bad idea”, I said.
It worked, and we’re still together, and married now.

Soldato
Funny you say that in about 1987 I got crabs off some girl, nothing more embarrassing than going the doctors saying I have pubic lice, but these mofos where rampant down to my ankles I had no choice.

Slept with very few girls ever since. **** you Mandy that was her name screwed my sex life up badly, only slept with about 3-4 girls after that.
You sure it was her fault?

Associate
Outside a club in 2001 after a fire drill went off, went out for 3 months, she finished with me, stayed friends for 10 years with the occasional booty call, now we’re married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom