Where do you buy your meat?

Permabanned
I'm really lucky as I buy all of it from the staff shop. I go as much as I can it is crazy.

For instance I walked out a few days ago paying £7 thinking wtf that was expensive. Checked the reciept and is it was the beef stir fry strips, £2.50 for 2.5kg each.

Checked the shop online, £36 something. That's like a 93% discount.

And I bought two :p

Soldato
Do they now clearly state where all their meat comes from ? last time we discussed them it was Roumanian chicken ?
they could have better welfare standards than the UK (where few folks meet the rscpa standards .. just the misleading red tractor) but I am dubious,
saying that farming today 5:40am this morning were interviewing UK pig farmers who save £10/pig by slatted floor barns where they never see any hay

had not appreciated I had stupidly revived this, last years, ace modder thread on meat purchase, rather than adding it to his similar thread from this year.
AceModder's still here so I guess long term prognosis with muscle food is not so bad
time for thread re-interment ?

Associate
Local butcher, there are couple of places with decent selection, plus I get to choose what pieces I want, with online shopping you don't have that option.

If I happen to be at ASDA, Tesco, whatever, then I'll grab something while I'm there.

Soldato
Aldi.

All the local butchers have turned into those riff off "take any 3 linpacs for £10" places where the meat is suspect and the £/KG isn't value for money.

Back
Top Bottom