1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you buy your slippers?

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by Ice Tea, 13 Aug 2021.

1. watercooledman

Perma Banned

ahhh my bad sorry :)

2. Fluffybob

Hitman

Snug Leaves for me, comfy, stay on the feet & still useful outdoors for the odd chore.

3. bazzabear

Mobster

I got fed up with every pair of slippers I ever bought failling apart after a few months, so I saw a pair of Skecher GoWalk slip ons and thought - they look similar to slippers but a bit more rugged, and tried them out.

Worked brilliantly. They lasted far longer, were really comfortable, and didn't feel as daft if I popped out to get the bins or something in them.

Unfortunately, when they were starting to get a bit tatty, I bought the same again - and the second pair were hopeless by comparison. edges were frayed and ripping within a couple of months. So my recommendation is reserved.

Incidentally - this seems to be a pattern. Decades ago I discovered my first pair of Merrell trainers, and they were a revelation. Strong, comfortable, hard wearing. I've continued with Merrell's ever since, and have probably owned 4 or 5 pairs - but I would swear that every pair has been slightly worse than the pair before, to the extent that I've gone off them as a preferred make now.

4. alexakasloth

Sgarrista

M&S pair with thinsulate have lasted a while.

5. dLockers

Sgarrista

Disappointed no one has posted Mahabis. Been very tempted given their indoor/outdoor hybrid soles.

6. throwaway4372

Gangster

Dunlops from Amazon. Don't last forever but are cheap and easy to replace.

7. robj20

Capodecina

HOW much???

8. bainbridge

Mobster

I had a pair of m&s slippers for Christmas which were very comfortable, but became extremely smelly so I threw them out.

My other shoes don't smell too bad, but my cycling shoes start minging on a long tour.

9. RoyMi6

Mobster

Crocs with the fluffy/fabric lining... Can't wear anything else now!

10. Bear

Capodecina

Ugg Ascot slippers, probably the best slippers ever bought

11. dLockers

Sgarrista

You reckon? How are they wearing? The other half and Mum have worked their way through at least 2 or 3 pairs of Uggs in the last 5 years or so. I know as I am the mug paying to replace them!

12. Bear

Capodecina

A pair generally last me a few years or so

13. dLockers

Sgarrista

I need specifics man, I am babying a pair of John Lewis ones that are at least 4 years old. Are you talking 18 months and knackered, or a solid 2 years before any real wear occurs?

14. LeeUK

Soldato

ASDA. Last me over a year.

15. Zefan

Don

Cheapo Primark "workout" memory foam slip ons. They're trying to be those skecher slip ons mentioned above, and at £8 they're better value.

16. Bear

Capodecina

Ive never actually wore out a pair, I tend to change them when the wool lining gets compacted so its no longer like having a duvet wrapped around your feet or they start looking a bit scruffy. Ive never thrown away a pair because the sole wore out or a hole appeared because they never have.

17. Maundie

Mobster

Got a pair from the Ugg outlet in Vegas 3 years ago for £30, been the best pair of slippers I've ever had and wear them all year round (also don't take them off when going outside in the garden), they're looking a little 'worn' now but still comfy and my feet are never too warm even in the height of summer.

They're that good that I will have zero issues paying the £110 a replacement pair will be when the time arises.

18. Deanje

Hitman

I've had a pair for a few years that are now starting to fall apart, they're nice enough but struggle to recommend for the price; however, the pair I have are an older model that have the convertible/removable rubber outdoor sole, and the mechanism for attaching them is super clunky and practically worthless.
    I have been eyeballing the newer pairs that have done away with the removable sole (Classic or Curve), though, as the slipper part is nice enough.

19. Jokester

Don

Got a lovely pair of moccasins from John Lewis.

20. EdwardTeach

Mobster

I buy sheepskin, fleece lined slippers. Not uggs, but I Guess similar.
    I find them on amazon.

They are the best. Very warm and snug, and they last forever and never smell.