1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you eat dinner?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snookums, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Apex

Capodecina

i really do hate eating dinner while watching tv on sofa. the angle is all wrong for your belly when you're having a good meal. much prefer dining room table. even if watching something while waiting for the food to cook i try to take the 10-15 minutes with my partner at a dining table to eat together with no tv. not always possible but i find it's much nicer as some days it can be one of the only moments when it's us and nothing else.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  2. Digital X

Sgarrista

Kitchen Table.

3. dowie

Caporegime

I don't either though eating in the front room or lounge etc.. doesn't always necessitate eating on your lap. Plenty of people have a coffee table, some side table(s) or some sort of pull out variety available to use (like the sort where you get three consecutively smaller tables slotted under each other) for meals or snacks when watching a movie etc...

I generally do that if having a takeaway say - you're going to watch say Netflix or a movie with a significant other then eating your uber eats order from the coffee table in the lounge is cool... ditto to if you're staying in on a Friday night. Otherwise I tend to use a proper table.

4. Rroff

Man of Honour

If it is a dinner type meal I would always eat it sitting on a proper chair at a table - though far too often these days it is a ready meal at my PC - though done in the air fryer unless I'm pushed for time.

5. RampantMark

Gangster

Wow - bit of a contradiction there.
    We've been eating from trays on our laps the vast, vast majority of the time for over 20 years now. I honestly cannot remember having ever spilled anything on myself. Not even once.

One might conclude that anyone who spills food must be the dirty philistine - and therefore must be relegated to a table to eat, if they are not able to do it without spillage.

;)

6. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

Only tramps and kids eat on trays. So he does have a point. Normal people eat at a table.

7. Conscript

Sgarrista

Nice. Glad to see that making the best out of the fact that my home is too small for a proper table and chairs renders me a tramp in your eyes. Ironically, only a kid would be able to hold such an utterly infantile opinion, but then you're reputation preceeds you on that front :)

8. randomshenans

Capodecina

Weekends always as a family at the dining table, but mostly during the week I feed the kids first and they eat at the breakfast bar and we will eat later, normally either at my desk if I'm working, or coffee table in front of the TV.

9. CircleFaust

Mobster

at the dinner table in the kitchen most of the time, the other times on a tray on my lap in front of the TV

10. James82

Associate

Depends on the food/meal.

Breakfast is usually on the couch (unless it's cereal, which is a table effort)

Tea is always eaten at the table. I hated eating something like a roast dinner off my lap.