Where do you get your Sunday roast from?

Caporegime
Do you go to the supermarket, local butcher or online butcher? Does it depended what cut you’re buying?

Have you been to more than one and noticed a definite difference in quality?

I don’t mind supermarket meat, just wondering if I’m missing out by not spending a bit (well, a lot), extra.

Associate
Not had a Sunday roast for a long time. Usually for meat in general the Butcher, can't beat them. The chicken we had for Christmas day was from a local butcher where my mum lives. We tend to use two including the latter), both are superb and no difference in quality from my personal opinion.

Permabanned
Sometimes online butchers, sometimes local butchers, mostly supermarket as its convenient, dont really notice a huge difference in your average roasts. Though I do avoid Tesco as had poor joints in the past.

Tend to prefer steaks and other cuts from the butcher.

Soldato
A chicken from a decent butcher roasted properly for me tastes a lot better than the cheap supermarket chickens. It just depends if you can tell the difference and if it is worth the extra to you. Find the same with beef as well. A battery powered cooking thermometer is very helpful for telling when a roast is cooked the way you like.

Soldato
Usually go for supermarket premium range, had aldi's mustard butter roast beef last week and it was really top drawer for the price.

I do like using butchers but find it expensive so it's restricted to special occasions and one offs.

Soldato
Don't often cook a Sunday roast.

I buy most meat from supermarket (waitrose), but have occasionally used online butchers and our local butchers.

I only eat meat that is at minimum free - range.

Soldato
Usually from the butcher, especially if we're having beef or lamb. For chicken we'll often grab one from the supermarket, I can't taste much difference between those and a chicken from the butcher.

I've only used online butchers a few times when I wanted something specific but we get most of our meat from the butcher in the town where the in laws live.

Back
Top Bottom