Where do you get your tyres from

Soldato
I'm in need of some new tyres for the MOT.

Previously I've been getting part worn supercorsa for a decent price but I'm having a hard time finding them at the moment in a 160 size.

Been thinking I'd like a new set but brand new supercorsa's are a bit pricey so I've been looking at the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT.

cheapest I've found a set for is £142 on ebay.

I remember seeing a post about getting tyres cheaper shipping them in from abroad but cant remember the website.

So where does every one get their tyres from???

IC3

IC3

Soldato
oponeo for me too,fast free delivery and usually the cheapest

mine came the next day, compared to Tyreleader which took over a week and sent me wrong tyres. Same thing happened to my dad when he ordered tyres from there...

Oponeo is awesome! :cool:

Associate
I guess the price is that it's not fitted. So buying through a garage might work out cheaper although I have no idea how much it costs to change a tyre.

Soldato
Generally garage prices tend to be more, having a garage supply and fit a rear for me is normally about £20-30 more expensive than ordering from Oponeo, removing the wheel and taking the wheel with the tyre to get fitted. I'll be doing the same with my front now i have a front paddock stand.

Soldato
You'd need to break the bead and pop it off the rim which would require tools.

I used a woodwork clamp for a while which worked ok, but bought a bead breaker from eBay a couple of months back which was only £23. Also a set of rim protectors for about £5. Pretty easy to change bike tyres, and much more convenient if you are mail ordering tyres.

Back
Top Bottom