Where in the UK can I see a class 1 sky ?

Soldato
As above really. Kielder observatory also has a lot of events on throughout the year, and you can also enjoy the scenery, B-roads and the many many places to visit while you're here. :)

Soldato
West central Wales looks alright, there's a pocket of grey.

Don't know about the classification system but the best sky I ever saw was Rhosneigr, North Wales. As a born Londoner I was just blown away, hundreds more stars, saw the Milky Way for the first time, saw satellites... Stunning :)

Soldato
OP
West central Wales looks alright, there's a pocket of grey.

Don't know about the classification system but the best sky I ever saw was Rhosneigr, North Wales. As a born Londoner I was just blown away, hundreds more stars, saw the Milky Way for the first time, saw satellites... Stunning :)

I've been going with family to North Wales for over 35 years and never seen the type of sky I'm looking for, it's better than built up areas for sure but there's still too much light pollution :(

It was this article which made me look for a better class of sky https://petapixel.com/2015/04/04/wh...-sky-compared-to-what-the-camera-can-capture/

Soldato
i live in an international dark sky landscape apparantly and being full on rural where i am and no lights its pretty amazing .having said that before i moved down i had a caravan in st agnes mostly on our own in an overflow feild ,the sky there was truly stunning

Soldato
There’s also Grizedale Forrest in the Lake District

The difference between what you can see at any of these places and an air polluted and light polluted city or town is breathtaking , I’m sure any of the places mentioned won’t disappoint unless you get unlucky with a cloudy night

Soldato
Isles of Scilly - I used to love my walk home from the pub on a clear summer's night, the milky way looked CGI

Back
Top Bottom