Where is my SSD lol?

Associate
I am attempting to swap out my primary disk drive (with the operating system on), an INTEL 128GB SSD, for a bigger SSD, but I can't find it in the case :confused: :D !

Look at the attached pics, I can see my 1TB 3.5 non SSD hard disk in the 1st pic at the bottom, but not the SSD.

rV3pjBz.jpg
onKTaT2.jpg

I'm convinced I have one, I remember it when I specc'd my pc from overclockers in '17, and the BIOS lists "Intel SSDPEKKW128G7" as a disk. Mobo is an ASUS Prime Z270K.

Embarrassing much :o :mad: :( :confused: :D

Associate
OP
M.2 right there between the GPU and CPU.

Looks like this:
Will be mounted on your motherboard.

Arh M.2 I see it now! It's tiny. I thought it would be the 2.5inch kind. Thanks guys! I've bought the wrong replacement, good job they are good with returns.
Can anyone recommend an M.2 1TB drive, i know nothing about M.2. I bought a samsung evo 860 but obviously this won't replace an M.2.

Soldato
You can still use the 2.5" drive but if you get an NVME M.2 it will be much quicker!

You can't really go wrong with nvme SSD's, there's not many bad ones out there. Stick with Samsung, WD, Seagate, Sabrent, Adata, Samsung etc and just find the best deal you can :)

Associate
OP
You can still use the 2.5" drive but if you get an NVME M.2 it will be much quicker!

You can't really go wrong with nvme SSD's, there's not many bad ones out there. Stick with Samsung, WD, Seagate, Sabrent, Adata, Samsung etc and just find the best deal you can :)

Thanks.

I like how fast my Intel M.2 drive is so i will stick with M.2 and return the 2.5, just ordered a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2.

Associate
OP
Your Intel is one of the earlier nvme drives, the latest are a lot quicker :)
Excellent i look forward to the gains. It was already fast booting up but with it being only 128gb ssd I only had the minimum installed on it ie os so it was only windows which benefited. All being well I'll be able to put apps and some games on the same drive. Brucey bonus, my mobo has 2 m.2 slots so I can use both of them. Not so good - the m.2 I ordered doesn't come with the screw so I had to spend a few quid just to get the screw (comes in a set, 90% of which I don't need).

Associate
OP
^ You may laugh my friend (so can I :mad: :p :D), but has no one spotted the problem in the setup of my pc, evident in the pics above? I can see it.

Associate
OP
look at the gpu i have (3090) and the wattage of my psu (550w), its 200w under that recommended by nvidia! Given me no problems but I'm still changing it. Expect a thread on me getting stuck swapping out my psu soon :D.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom