Where is the PPID sticker on an Asus Z370-F board?

Associate
Just claiming my Asus Cashback for 8700K + Z370-F. The Asus webform asks for the Serial number which is on the box and the PPID from a sticker on the board. Helpfully they just show a small picture of the sticker and not where that sticker actually is on the motherboard. I can not see it so assume its hidden under something (possibly GPU) and as I bought prebuilt I never saw it during assembly. I googled and found similar questions for other boards that said between last dimm slot and cpu slot but nothing on my board. Before I start looking to remove things to find this damn sticker does anyone know where it is on this model?

Associate
OP
Should have mentioned I checked there. If it’s on the back then its around the edge behind the case floor so not visible without removing mobo. Have just seen a small white sticker on the 24 Pin EATX port. Starts with 22 which matches asus example. Will check it later when powered down as will need to remove cable.

Soldato
Should have mentioned I checked there. If it’s on the back then its around the edge behind the case floor so not visible without removing mobo. Have just seen a small white sticker on the 24 Pin EATX port. Starts with 22 which matches asus example. Will check it later when powered down as will need to remove cable.

That's the one, you only need the first two groups of characters.

Associate
OP
I've tried entering entire ID, first 6 characters (as looks like 2 x 3 + 6 characters. Every time I get a "enter valid PPID" error message. Have now emailed Asus - just hope they reply. It's almost like they want to make it as difficult as possible to claim the cashback :rolleyes:

Soldato
Its 9 characters in all is it not? Submitted mine, though for a recent HTPC build with the Strix ITX board and went through first time fine and noted my other ASUS boards (Rampage's and EWS) have a similar tag for PPID so think its same layout.

its 6 characters - then 5 characters (so two groups of characters) So xxxxxx - xxxxx (x's are obviously your tag) There is then a few more elements to the tag, but don't need to enter that bit.

Soldato
Derp, meant 11 characters sorry, not 9.

On my strix its located under the PCIe lane, but on my EWS located near top right handside of board so varies from board to board anyways I believe.

Looking at Vortez review, at 5 mins on the z370F review I can see the PPID tag being located in top right hand side of board (right hand side at that moment in the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpMcHsjuAD4 and looks to be 11 digits there also (unless maby that have gone through so many boards and moved onto using 12 numbers possibly)

Associate
OP
Derp, meant 11 characters sorry, not 9.

On my strix its located under the PCIe lane, but on my EWS located near top right handside of board so varies from board to board anyways I believe.

Looking at Vortez review, at 5 mins on the z370F review I can see the PPID tag being located in top right hand side of board (right hand side at that moment in the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpMcHsjuAD4 and looks to be 11 digits there also (unless maby that have gone through so many boards and moved onto using 12 numbers possibly)

Spot on mate. Mine was prebuilt and have a 240x38mm rad top mounted so was obscuring my view. I've just had a peek up there and can see it - very small sticker.

Associate
OP
Got an email back from Asus - very helpful not. After me asking exactly where on the motherboard I could find the PPID sticker they responded with "you should be able to find the PPID number on the product itself". Brilliant. They did confirm the format is XXXXXX-XXXXX

Associate
OP
Managed to get mine submitted last night. Was very difficult to read. Thought I would have to remove my radiator but luckily torch light and persistence paid off. Lets see if it gets approved now.

Soldato
Managed to get mine submitted last night. Was very difficult to read. Thought I would have to remove my radiator but luckily torch light and persistence paid off. Lets see if it gets approved now.

Let us know when you hear anything, other than the confirmation email just after submitting the claim I haven't heard anything else yet.

Back
Top Bottom