Where is the security code located on a radio cassette unit?

Associate
I am listing a radio cassette on ebay and have noticed that some sellers are charging more if the security code is included.

Where is the security code located?

On the unit I am selling from my VW Polo there are two stickers - one of the side listing manufacturer and part number and then another very long number & bar code on the silver casing just above the cassette slot. Beside it states: Radionr. Is this the code I am looking for?

Thanks for any help.

Soldato
The code is kept separate from the radio, usually in with the user manual etc. It's to stop people stealing the radio and using it, having the code on the radio would be pointless! The ones being sold with a code is worth more as it costs to get the code for the radio if it's been lost.

Soldato
It's not normally on the radio iteslf. That would defeat the point of it having a code if stolen. They offer the code to show it's not stolen.

The code will be in with some of the paper work that came with the car. Look in the owners manual wallet thing.

In some cases, where a radio has been bought second hand, the code might be written on the top of the unit, normally in pen.

EDIT: Bah, beaten like a pedo in a playground.

Back
Top Bottom