Where on Earth can I get distilled water in the UK?

Soldato
Tell me about it.

I'm looking at gpu only then cpu later on.
Problem is I'm not sure about trusting used parts incase of any issues!

It's just the same as any other second hand parts?

You should always test the part when it arrives to ensure it works, no matter it's new or used, before putting it under water / in your system at all.

Man of Honour
If you use decent fluid then you can get 2 years without changing. I just changed mine after 18 months because of a new card and the old stuff looked fine.

Soldato
Sadly I'm too lazy for regular maintenance on stuff like that especially if it needs stripping down and draining lol.
He isn't using any corrosion inhibitor so will have to change the fluid more often, if you use quality fluid it will last until it's time to change CPU/GPU anyway.

Man of Honour
I was referencing an earlier post where I was running 2 systems one with de-ionised from halfords (because I was impatient) and the other with an additive - the one with just de-ionised was in quite a state when I pulled it apart a couple of years or so later. Would have been less of a problem if I had any kind of maintenance schedule for it.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I was referencing an earlier post where I was running 2 systems one with de-ionised from halfords (because I was impatient) and the other with an additive - the one with just de-ionised was in quite a state when I pulled it apart a couple of years or so later. Would have been less of a problem if I had any kind of maintenance schedule for it.

Unless you know that both systems started off equally clean before adding the water, and both were equally sealled to prevent air ingress, I'm not convinced you can attribute the differences to the different water types.

Man of Honour
Who knows - both were put together straight out the box within a close time of each other, assembled the same more or less, etc.

Soldato
Dear manufacturer, can I use cheap deionised water out of Halfords or do I need to buy your expensive premixed solution?

One guess to what the answer is going to be :p

I ran a loop for about a year with water out my kitchen tap. It did look a bit funky come the end but no issues with either of the blocks afterwards.

Man of Honour
Dear manufacturer, can I use cheap deionised water out of Halfords or do I need to buy your expensive premixed solution?

One guess to what the answer is going to be :p

I ran a loop for about a year with water out my kitchen tap. It did look a bit funky come the end but no issues with either of the blocks afterwards.

OcUK used to sell a basic premix 1 or 2L I can't remember which for like £2.95 which was as good as anything - I used it with great results a few years back.

Associate
For what its worth, try Boots the chemist (probably most any high street chemist actually).
The pharmacy (where you collect prescriptions) usually has gallons of distilled water, and its dirt cheap. Pretty sure 90% of the cost is for the bottle. they dont advertise it, but most will sell it to you quite happily. Found out because I needed it by the gallon and my doctor put me on to it.

Associate
Hoping some one can help as i am having difficulty getting some, I just got a new EK A240R loop which is all Aluminium and what i am wanting to know is can i use De-ionised water with Aluminium or do i still need Distilled water?

Sorry for jumping on the OP thread.

Lance

Caporegime
My Dad works at GSK and he can get pure H2O bottled to bring home. Its very useful. :p

I also tried drinking some once. It was almost completely tasteless. So the taste of tap water is just the crap thats in it...

Back
Top Bottom