Where to Buy Watches?

Soldato
I want an Omega Speedmaster. Im still not sure which model because theyre all so tempting. Wheres the best place to buy these? Online, boutique, high street retailer?
Im looking for a 0% finance deal, as I dont plan to ever sell the watch. Does anyone have any good links where I can read up about them?
Im after either a standard 2007 Speedmaster professional, with or without the clear back, or the 50th anniversary edition. However, its still subject to change as I havent gone through all the different models.

SIB

SIB

Associate
If you are looking for a finance deal i think the high street is going to be the best place.
As for which model you want, depends on how close to the "real" speedmaster you want it to be.
If you want to pretend you are an astronaught then a steel backed with hesalite crystal is the watch for you. The hesalite is more prone to scrateches than saphire but can easily be polished out.
The clear backs look really nice but how often are you going to look at the movement?

Soldato
OP
If you are looking for a finance deal i think the high street is going to be the best place.
As for which model you want, depends on how close to the "real" speedmaster you want it to be.
If you want to pretend you are an astronaught then a steel backed with hesalite crystal is the watch for you. The hesalite is more prone to scrateches than saphire but can easily be polished out.
The clear backs look really nice but how often are you going to look at the movement?

I think I'd rather have the sapphire front as its more durable and I plan to wear it most days. As for how much will I look at the back, probably quite a lot!!

I saw a speedmaster in goldsmiths where you could see all the workings. It was really nice, but the best part of 3k.

Don
if you want 0% you will prob be best at the big high street shops , you will pay full list though

better idea is to go to an indy high st retailer, pay by CC , get 15-20% off and then balance transfer it to a 0% card

re the Speedy , just one quick word of warning , most are not suitable for swimming ( better to find out this way ;) )

Soldato
OP
if you want 0% you will prob be best at the big high street shops , you will pay full list though

better idea is to go to an indy high st retailer, pay by CC , get 15-20% off and then balance transfer it to a 0% card

re the Speedy , just one quick word of warning , most are not suitable for swimming ( better to find out this way ;) )

I was thinking about the 0% credit card route, but if I can get a deal for over 3 years then it would suit me better.

Do you recommend any independent retailers? Some of the newer models are now slightly better at taking the odd splash, but I definitely wont be taking it swimming. Knowing my luck it would fall off.

Don
just for info 50m is minimum for occasional swimming, 30m is only splashproof

the place I bought my last Omega from has lost their dealer status so don't have any specific recommendations

if you are after 0% the big chains are the way to go bas as I said earlier you will pay full retail , they won't give discount and 0%

if going to an indy the just get a web price and try a couple until someone will match it

Soldato
OP
just for info 50m is minimum for occasional swimming, 30m is only splashproof

the place I bought my last Omega from has lost their dealer status so don't have any specific recommendations

if you are after 0% the big chains are the way to go bas as I said earlier you will pay full retail , they won't give discount and 0%

if going to an indy the just get a web price and try a couple until someone will match it

Some of the new 2007 models with the 1957 mark on them are rated to 100m.
Like I said I dont mind paying the full retail over 3 years as I dont plan on selling it.

Have you got any links to some decent web retailers? Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom