Where to get fake rifles for cosplay at an expo?

Caporegime
Hi all, I am planning to go to MCM in may in vault dweller cosplay, and I would preferably like to have a pair of assault rifles/hunting rifles/sniper rifles or indeed any long barrel weapon to go on my back in an X shape.

They would preferably have to be as cheap as possible, so probably not airsoft guns as they are generally quite expensive.

Does anyone know where I can get anything like that from or even better, borrow that from? (in the sussex area)

They would have to have some coloured parts, as per the exhibition rules surrounding cosplay weaponry, but I could add them myself I suppose.

Really don't want them to be any more than £15 - £20 each.

Caporegime
Tbh, even deactivated weapons are expensive to buy, and renting is not an option. Unless you can find a living history group in your area who's members might lend you some of their stuff. Highly unlikely though as deactivated weapons are still pretty expensive peices of kit. Cheap spring loaded bb replicas may be an option, but youd probably have to buy them. And they will not be cheap.

Caporegime
OP
Well ok that was a bit much, it makes sense, but still, it's a pain sometimes, like for OP :p

It is a pain sometimes sure, but if it were legal to carry realistic weapons, they may as well be saying it is legal to carry real weapons unless they plan on stopping and checking every single person they see with an imitation gun.

If it were legal to carry real weapons, I would just have one of my fathers air-rifles and one of his shotguns crossed on my back.

Permabanned
What always struck me was the silly law about the orange tip; anyone could put a bright orange end on a real gun and then what?

They would have a bright orange tip on the end of their real gun, though quite possibly the fact that he is probably thirty and with a pair of 60 denier tights on his head might be more of a giveaway.

Soldato
Tbh, even deactivated weapons are expensive to buy, and renting is not an option. Unless you can find a living history group in your area who's members might lend you some of their stuff. Highly unlikely though as deactivated weapons are still pretty expensive peices of kit. Cheap spring loaded bb replicas may be an option, but youd probably have to buy them. And they will not be cheap.

Some airsoft shops do indeed rent out their pieces for filming, etc. Also, if you are going to be genuinely having RIFs in a public place I'd advise telling the local plod first.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
The London MCM Expo is one of the few times/places where you can walk around with a Realistic Imitation Firearm without any repercussions - loads of people do it.

Obviously, be sensible and keep it packed away until you get there!
There were about 100+ people with RIFs at the Expo on saturday, two of them were actually our customers!

To the OP; If you want a "fallout" style gun, try looking at the Nerf Guns like these and then paint them black and brown for that authentic Future Dystopic feel! :D

What always struck me was the silly law about the orange tip; anyone could put a bright orange end on a real gun and then what?

That's a US thing only. There were one or two incidents where criminals put orange tips on their real firearms, so now US Police will shoot at you if you have an orange-tipped gun, real or otherwise.

Most UK CO-19 officers that I have spoken to have said something along the same lines.

Last edited:
Soldato
The London MCM Expo is one of the few times/places where you can walk around with a Realistic Imitation Firearm without any repercussions - loads of people do it.

Obviously, be sensible and keep it packed away until you get there!
There were about 100+ people with RIFs at the Expo on saturday, two of them were actually our customers!

^I did not know that. :)

Back
Top Bottom