Where to go on a wet weekend?

Associate
A friend (Zowghi from of off of 'ere) and I have planned a long weekend (Fri-Sun) with the bikes this weekend but it looks like it's going to be a wet and miserable. We're both based near London and looking to get away for the weekend and put a decent amount of miles in. We've looked at ferries but with the kids being off and this being somewhat last minute they're a bit pricey. Anyone have any suggestions?

Associate
The answers are to be found on this page.

1. Pub
2. If determined to ride, look at the Britain forecast, set off early and find the twistiest routes you can to get there. Even if you don't make it as far as your destination so long as you stay off the motorways (brain/bum/hand numbing) you'll have a good ride out (assuming the rain gets dodged).

Quick look on BBC Weather has the area around Great Yarmouth dodging the rain. Everyone else gets varying degrees of ****ed on for Saturday. Not sure Sunday.

Associate
OP
So on Wednesday morning my back completely went on the ride into work and I've been laid up for three days now. It's improving but unfortunately no riding for me this weekend. Instead we're going to go watch the BSB at Thruxton on Sunday. All in all, not a bad compromise.

Of course there will be plenty of pub time, this was always a given!

Back
Top Bottom