WHere to post video, with copyrighted music.

Soldato
Need some advice on where to post a tribute video.

It has music playing all through it, youtube straight away stopped the video from playing, mainly because of twist and shout which it looks like isnt available to be monetised by the copyright holder.

Thanks

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It was instantly montesied by the copyright holders. I dont bother monetising any video.

Which I thought would allow me to play the video.
Funnily enough, using copyrighted works without permission is prohibited ;)

You will need to use royalty free music to get around this. At this point the video will be made invisible to others until you do.

Soldato
Facebook?

Seems silly to enforce copyright for personal use, fair enough if you make a profit from someone else's work but say a memorial video with someone's favourite song should be fair game.

Man of Honour
Not sure how YT or FB handle it but you should be able to use short excerpts without a problem - I've done it before without any copyright flags, etc.

Caporegime
Facebook?

Seems silly to enforce copyright for personal use, fair enough if you make a profit from someone else's work but say a memorial video with someone's favourite song should be fair game.

You forget we live in the UK where people are prosecuted for "hate crime" for tribute videos.

Caporegime
Funnily enough, using copyrighted works without permission is prohibited ;)
It's not nearly as simple as that, as well you know ;)

Tons of videos featuring copyright soundtracks exist on YT. Possibly >50% of all YT vids are like this. The chances of someone having obtained permission to post a vid to YT featuring a musical work that's copyright is very slim.

It seems to be a crap-shoot which vids are removed and which stay on YT for years with nobody caring.

Back
Top Bottom