Where to purchase telephone number from?

Soldato
Further to my previous post I’m looking at setting up a voip system and I’ve been looking at Voipfone for convenience/ease however the numbers they sell are in the high numbers that I don’t think look very professional for a business.

Where else could I buy a telephone number from to use with a voip system? I’ve had a search but not had much success so someone hear can hopefully know.

Last edited:
Soldato
We buy all of our numbers from Gamma or Spitfire. I quite like Gamma as we recently had an interesting issue that went beyond my VOIP skillset and into some real obscure SIP packet analysis and they were excellent support. What VOIP system are you using? They may have preferred partners.

Caporegime
Voipfone will have some premium options, have a chat with them. I personally don't understand caring about what your phone number is - people will dial it from a contact, tap it in a Google result etc. so the concept of a 'good' number is totally alien to me. The only thing I can sympathise with is not getting a bunch of repeating digits where there's room to enter them incorrectly.

Soldato
Voipfone will have some premium options, have a chat with them. I personally don't understand caring about what your phone number is - people will dial it from a contact, tap it in a Google result etc. so the concept of a 'good' number is totally alien to me. The only thing I can sympathise with is not getting a bunch of repeating digits where there's room to enter them incorrectly.

This. Who (other than the people charging a premium for a number) in 2018 cares if your number is easy to remember? At best i’ll dial it once, beyond that you’re a contact and it’s irrelevant what number you have.

Back
Top Bottom