Where to put sound card on UD5

Associate
Ok ive been loking at getting a sound card with my build and will hae the gigabyte ud5 motherboard but looking atthe pictures there are 2 slots above the grafixs card. The top 1 loks the right connection but to the right of it is a heat sink im sure will get in the way :S. Under that is 1 abit bigger thanthe 1st but if the sound card can go there it will fit there. So is that an ok slot to use ? as i dont want to buy the board then not be able to put a sound card in the way as a heatsinks in the way ?.

Added forgot to say the soudn card is a creative fatalty

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorry maybe i needed to ask better but in this picture below if i got the creative fatality card will it fit in 1 of these slots ? as im sure in the future if I get sli i wont be able to use the lower PCI.

The slots are highlighted red
MN.jpg

Also will you be able to use ether 2 of these as i think the top 1 will have a heatsink in he way and 1 below would be perfect ?.

Do i use these for a sound card ?.

Associate
btw the motherboard does come with its own sound card, you wont have to buy one
whoops sorry it does not , I was thinkinh off asus p5e which has it own plug in card.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
btw the motherboard does come with its own sound card, you wont have to buy one
whoops sorry it does not , I was thinkinh off asus p5e which has it own plug in card.

YE :) also 1 of the gigabyte 1s do to but this 1 also ha onboard sound but if i get the fatality card it may only fit in the 2nd slot down. I know all have onboard HD 7.1 surround built in but i do know ho mcuh clear sound sounds on a good card, good speakers and with all the good softwere that comes with it :). so needed to know may get it later anyway that way i dont have to install lots and lots of devices in 1 go.

Top Bottom