Where to watch the TT

Soldato
I don't know why it's not shown live. Surely they could do something similar that the NW200 does. I usually listen online at manx radio tt. You get more of the feel for it, than watching the highlights later.

Soldato
I don't know why it's not shown live. Surely they could do something similar that the NW200 does. I usually listen online at manx radio tt. You get more of the feel for it, than watching the highlights later.

A number of reasons.
  • The costs and logistics for filming, commentating and live editing a 37 mile course live are huge.
  • This is exasperated by the fact it's a time trial, so it's not just a case of keeping the cameras on the road leaders.
  • There's also the likelihood of serious accidents, which the Isle of Man authorities always try to hide away from and keep very very low key.
  • The schedule also changes constantly due to the weather so probably isn't very attractive to broadcasters.
You should think yourselves lucky - for those of us who have been watching for decades, the current coverage is the best we've ever had. At least you don't have to wait 2 months for the Duke VHS video anymore!

Soldato
john mcguinness's big crash that smashed him up at the north west few weeks ago was put down to mechanical failure too

Maybe they need to pull that bike out the team... I know Guy said they aren't worried about the results as much as the bikes are still a work in progress but surely rider safety should come first

Guy Martin had quite a bad one as well. Well, could have been bad.

Back
Top Bottom