Which AIO Water Cooler for 6700k?

Soldato
Seeing mixed results on review searches so thought i'd better ask here..

Had 2 H80's in the past but sent back due to pump noises or just not cooling any better than my Zalman air cooler. My Zalman Z9 case seems not to be able to take a 240 cooler so its down to either of these..

Corsair H60, H75, H80i or even a H90 might be able to fit up top (i already 2x 140mm fans installed up there).

Any other brand cooler will be considered.

In a rush to go out so hope i 've not missed anything, system specs in sig, including CPU overclock.

Cheers :)

Soldato
recommended Silent Loop to a few- mainly for purpose of being Silent with the pump, some reason they supplied 2000 rpm fans which at full speed can be loud but at 50-70% perform at a good sound

Soldato
OP
Thats kinda going over my budget a bit there at just under £100. I was thinking more around £75 which is around the H75 price.

Like i said, being stung with 2 not so good H80's before, im kinda hoping for a third time lucky situation when it comes to these coolers :)

Also, depending on how the 8700K turns out, Corsair are pretty good at having the right mountings available (even if bought seperately), for when i eventually upgrade to either the 8700K or jump on a Ryzen.

So i really need to know which is going to perform better in terms of temps :)

Edit, maybe i can wait around and see what comes in the next 'This week only' offers :p

Last edited:
Associate
You seem pretty keen on Corsair as such I suggest you just wait until you have the money and then purchase with the cooler you want.

Soldato
OP
You seem pretty keen on Corsair as such I suggest you just wait until you have the money and then purchase with the cooler you want.

I suppose i only know about Corsair support being fairly good, i was hoping to have some users to post their own temp results so i can see which one will potentially keep my 6700K temps as low as possible.

Last time i bought the 2 H80's i didnt really do my research or ask other people about their own experiences, i just want to be sure this time around :)

Anyway i've had this Zalman CNPS10X Quiet for at least 5 years now and i feel its time for a change.

Soldato
OP
Installed a Corsair H75 today, using push/pull with my SP120 and AF120. Not as loud as the SP120 on the Zalman cooler but temps are around the same, best thing is, airflow in the case must be better as my GPU temps have dropped a few. I remember this happening when i had the H80's for a brief time.

No pump clicking noises yet.. we shall see how it all pans out :)

Soldato
OP
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...-liquid-cooling-upgrade-bundle-bu-097-tl.html

I use these in a lot of my bundles. Better than the equivalent Corsair for performance and pricing.

Hi 8 Pack, I did look at the 240mm rads but after a lot of googling it seems my Zalman Z9 Plus case doesnt let any 240mm rad fit up top without some sort of modification (seems that the mobo sits too high, also had to remove the top rear AF140 so i could get the H75 in the back rear). Shame really as i would have gone for a 240mm if i was 100% sure it was gona fit.

Maybe i'll get a new case at some point, for now i need to save up for an 8700K if they turn out decent :)

Soldato
OP
So temps are decent, maybe a couple of degrees better than the Zalman Air Cooler i was using. Seems to be running good with no sounds from the pump too, i hear something thats kinda like water flushing through but its so quiet i miss it when i try to put my ear close to it :)

Hope i've set it up in the best position, is this the best placement for the tubes or will they be better up top?

hCDLBeU.png

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom