Which Bios chip is used on the Asus z170 Gaming pro motherboard , I want to program one for OC

Associate
Hi I wonder if anyone can offer me some help , I have Asus Z170 Gaming Pro Motherboard and I would like to know what is the model number of the programmable Bios chip on the motherboard

This board for reference :- https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...cket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-68e-as.html

I am presuming it is a winbond bios chip , but I do not know the full model number.

I have a i5 6400 currently running in the motherboard , but I have read about re-flashing the bios back to a older version , but I kind of want to play safe .

Buy the correct chip and use a programmer to program the chip , take out the one installed in the motherboard and then plug in the newly programmed chip....rather than maybe ruin my original bios chip , worse case I can swap it back over.

All help and advice welcomed.

Soldato
I cant recall if the Management Engine is held on the BIOS chip but be aware that a lot of motherboards will cause issues if you downgrade past the matching ME past the BIOS version.

Back
Top Bottom