Which BMW for 8k

Soldato
Hi guys my bro is looking for a new car around the 8k price mark. Currently the 330d 06/07 has caught his eye but it seems not many of them are available and the ones that are have high mileage. What other BMW models would be suitable? Also open to recommendations of other makes :)

Thanks

Soldato
You're in the hole between very very good E46 but I think £8k is too much for a non M3 variant and you're in scabby E90 zone. Either buy an E46 for a few grand less or save more for a decent E9x.

(Assuming the 3 Series)

There's always the Z4 ;)

Soldato
OP
He does about 8k a year so not much, used for going to work and social. He is also interested in the Honda S2000 so is open to the idea of 2 door as well. I asked him about the VX220 and Z4 but he said no :) He's had his fair share of hatchbacks so I'm guessing it's time for something different :p

You're in the hole between very very good E46 but I think £8k is too much for a non M3 variant and you're in scabby E90 zone. Either buy an E46 for a few grand less or save more for a decent E9x.

(Assuming the 3 Series)

There's always the Z4 ;)

So a decent E9X over an E46 M3?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
lol it's either a sporty car or a business type saloon, what's wrong with having a varied taste? Not everyone is single minded..

Man of Honour
lol it's either a sporty car or a business type saloon, what's wrong with having a varied taste? Not everyone is single minded..

Yea but you either want an economical diesel saloon or you want a screaming 8000rpm convertible sports car. Just seems a bit odd to not really mind either?

It's not single minded to have an idea of what type of car you fancy :p

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;24556463 said:
Yea but you either want an economical diesel saloon or you want a screaming 8000rpm convertible sports car. Just seems a bit odd to not really mind either?

It's not single minded to have an idea of what type of car you fancy :p

Fair point..but how can you call 40mpg economical?:p It's not like we're comparing a Citroen C1 with a Honda S2000 that would be quite the difference when it comes to "economy"

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Tbh Spend about £5k on an E46 (warning; I may be biased) then either enjoy the rest of the cash or if he plans on keeping the car for ages, spend it making everything perfect.

Unless he really needs dem MPGz of a diesel for the massive 8k per year mileage....

Associate
He wont get a decent E90 330d for 8k, maybe get a half decent early E90 330i though, which would probably be a better choice at 8k miles per year

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom