Which car and why?

Soldato
http://www.4starclassics.com/BMW-E34-M5-Black-For-Sale/

Same as a few others for me, I used to get carted around in an auto e34 so have always had a soft spot for them. Plus I like to drive like an absolute hooligan now and then, this would allow me to do so without attracting too much attention everywhere when I wasn't in the mood.

Agree about the hilarious prices, but they've certainly set themselves up well with the detailed description and photos of immaculate interiors etc

Soldato
Assuming that under the rules of this hypothetical scenario that the car has to act as a replacement for my current daily then I'm struggling. Need something that can ferry the dog about (either an estate or a 4/5 door with a decent amount of room in the back) and it needs to be big enough to tow the trailer/MR2 but wouldn't really want the mental running costs of an M5/Alpina/S Class. Looks like it'd have to be either the 7 series or the Merc 190 but it wouldn't really be ideal and I'd probably struggle to get all the sprint gear in the back.

Permabanned
Sticking to the rules, it'd be a hard choice between the B12 and the 740, but I think the head would win, and thus the 740.

That said, I'm not crazy about either, and they'd be a long way down the list if there was a better selection.

The M5 would appeal, but I couldn't live with LHD daily.

Of course what I'd really do is take any 15k car, return it the next day to chuck £5k on top for the E46 CSL.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom