Which car and why?

Man of Honour
This thread is just for fun. Ignore the often comedy pricing. I'm going to gift you a £15k gift voucher for 4Star Classics on the privisio that you must keep the car, and use it daily (no garage queening), for 3 years. You must pay for any fuel, running costs etc. I'm just paying for the car. So no picking anything that does 10mpg if you do 20k a year :p

Which car would you select from the stock list, and why? You don't get to keep any of the change, you cannot add to the £15k and you don't get the resale money when you sell it either, just to remove any financial considerations beyond straight running costs.

http://www.4starclassics.com

Go!

Me? I'd have this 740i. Just love the shape, condition inside and out, wheels, everything about it. I've got a real thing for a mint E38 Sport and this one is an absolute beauty. Lovely!

http://www.4starclassics.com/bmw-e38-740i-sport-for-sale/

Last edited:
Soldato
I would also have the 740i, for basically the same reasons you stated, plus I know what that era of BMW's are like to run day to day, I know the engine is fantastic, I always liked the E38, especially in the looks department.

The only other choice I might make off the current stock as a daily driver would be the S500 Business Edition, but that's not nearly as appealing as the 740i. The E34 M5 is tempting, but I don't think I would want it for a daily driver ...especially in left hand drive.

Soldato
It would have to be the BMW E34 M5 if you were gifting, I did less than 3k miles in my car last year so I'm hoping running costs wouldn't destroy me.

Just like the looks and a M5 has got to be a safe bet if you enjoy driving?

Maz

Maz

Soldato
The Mercedes 280s, because I'm a fan boy and it will look ace sitting in my garage under the light never to be driven ever again!

Back
Top Bottom