Which desktop control software do you use? (Dameware etc)

Don
Looking at replacing our old version of Dameware with something new. This is to control desktop machines only. No remote access required, will all be local network.

~170 machines, up to 4 users connected at once.

Soldato
Newer version of dameware?

We use ManageEngine, which was shockingly bad, but with the latest update, its a bit better now. Ive also used screenconnect in the past, thats really good.

Soldato
Different tools for different jobs. I use RealVNC for user support and plain old RDP for administration/maintenance on workstations/servers.

For software I use a mix of SCCM and a proprietary software deployment tool that needs to die :p

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

What's wrong with DameWare? If you have the licenses...? It's a pretty decent tool for the job.

Soldato
winrm / RDP.
i cant remember the last time i've needed to see a users desktop so we no longer have a need for the likes of VNC etc but if the need arises skype can fill those shoes.
It also has the added benefit of less software to manage/update which makes audits easier to keep on top of.

Caporegime
Is this just for local machines on a LAN and everything is domain-joined and managed? I'd give the built-in Remote Assistance a try, there's a bunch of GPOs you can apply to create help request shortcuts and specify certain user groups as being allowed to do remote control etc.

Back
Top Bottom