Which ex F1 driver did Lewis have a go at?

Soldato
In a now deleted Instagram post Lewis had a go at one or more Sky F1 ex driver commentators.
My suspicion would be Damon Hill as he always seems to have a negative comment to add.
I didn't concentrate on the post race chat so I didn't notice any odd comments, did anyone here, as I am intrigued now about what was said and who said it.
I am aware there are some Lewis haters but should Sky be including them?
Andi.

Soldato
All of them, none by name:

“I never get to watch the races but just got home and watching Sky (Sports),” Hamilton wrote.

“I find it amazing listening to the ex-drivers commentating [and] not a single one of them could find a good word to say.

“Whatever the reason is, it’s OK, I forgive you. Positivity and love wins always and no matter what words you use to try and undermine me, I started 14th today and finished 1st. God is good all the time.”

It could be Hill, possibly Rosberg who was also with SkyF1 this weekend. Herbert has a history of winding up drivers, especially Alonso, but I don't think he was at this race.

The rant made no sense as they were all very complimentary to him, especially post-race. His victim complex seems to be growing all the time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-sports-f1-german-grand-prix-gp-a8461131.html

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I was suggested one of Rosbergs vlogs after the race on YouTube and he also praised Lewis there and said "never write him off".

I wonder where he is referring to them talking him down, after Quali? I only watch the C4 highlights so no experience of the Sky coverage.

Soldato
I didn’t watch all of the post-race coverage but everything I saw was very complimentary, even Rosberg was singing his praises… very odd.

Associate
Rosberg is always very complimentary to Lewis, especially in his YouTube vlogs.

Really coming across as the bigger man now, and I'm not a fan of either of them.

Lewis seems to be getting more detached from reality as time goes on.

Soldato
OP
I'm guessing this is Damon Hill admitting it was him :D

DH%20Quote.jpg

Andi.

Caporegime
It was probably just an excuse to take to Twitter and preach about peace and love, as much as I love Hamilton as a driver he's starting to sound like some kind of new age spiritualist equivalent of a Jehovas witness.

Soldato
He'd been misquoted.... AGAIN. He followed it up on Instagram in response to a report called Oliver Holt (I think) saying he said all drivers not just himself.

Funny how that sort of thing never gets passed around the various media\social outlets! While we are talking to Lewis what they heck is going on with his hair :p

Soldato
It's often the case that with extraordinary amount of wealth comes less and less people brave enough to take you to one side and say "are you sure you want to do that?" happens a lot with singers and actors. Really hope it doesn't happen to Lewis.

And yet you get someone like Toto Wolff who is worth almost twice as much as Hamilton, and comes across as a really grounded character.

I think it's down to the person, and possibly the people they surround themselves with.

Associate
And yet you get someone like Toto Wolff who is worth almost twice as much as Hamilton, and comes across as a really grounded character.

I think it's down to the person, and possibly the people they surround themselves with.

Toto is worth around the same as Lewis maybe 50m difference.

Toto doesn't want to be a celeb Lewis does which is why he uses same agency as them.

Back
Top Bottom