• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which graphic card to get

Permabanned
At the mo my 4870x2 has graphical corruption. so its dead. am sending it back to be fixed. if it cant be fixed will they send me a new one back?. I was thinking of getting a second one and cross firing it. or is it worth getting the new 5870.

Soldato
Yes 5850 is better value but 5870 will be closer performance to your 4870X2 if you need the power (and can afford the price premium). Both will be far more friendly to your electricity bill than the power-hungry 4870X2 anyway.

Associate
If you where thinking about getting a second 4870x2 and crossfiring them. I think you would be better to get either two 5850 or 5870 better all round I'm sure.

Caporegime
5870 would use less power, give out less heat, and be more consistent than the 4870x2, as where that will have to drop down to be a single 4870 (by disabling one) in games that are not Xfired, the 5870 won't, it will run full speed all the time, also you won't get all the headaches that come with Xfire, plus its new tech.

Back
Top Bottom