Which harmony hub?

Associate
OP
I'm now looking at the Harmony Elite as I can get it for £180. Then again I'm not sure whether to get a harmony companion and buy a cheap tablet to use as a dedicated remote for it .

The companion seems to be the newer version of the smart hub.

Associate
I'd just go for the elite as it can do pretty much anything. I've got one but haven't fully configured it yet but in the end it will do lights an other stuff (intend to make an interface board with a rpi or something).

Associate
OP
Im thinking now maybe going for a cheap tablet and using as the central hub for the house. Wall mount it in some sort of charging mount, get a harmony smart hub and maybe nest in the future.

Then I could say come down stairs in the morning, wake the tablet, select an activity which turns on the tv, hue lights and heating on all in one go.

Associate
You can always just buy a hub - see how you get on with it and add a remote later to it if you want hard buttons and not to be reliant on a tablet / phone.

Soldato
I've got a Harmony One...I know it's a little out of date now but it's fantastic for controlling the devices you have mentioned, I bought one new and another second hand, no problem with either and can be picked up relatively cheap now...

edit sorry not sure about the "hue lights"...

Last edited:
Associate
I have a harmony one too. Had it for many years now and still going strong.

I like the harmony elite but the price is putting me off.

Associate
OP
I've got a Harmony One...I know it's a little out of date now but it's fantastic for controlling the devices you have mentioned, I bought one new and another second hand, no problem with either and can be picked up relatively cheap now...

edit sorry not sure about the "hue lights"...

Can anyone confirm that it does control the hue lights?

Associate
I thought the harmony touch was just IR, does it not need to be RF to work with the hub?

No idea sorry i am prety new to this, all i know is when you buy a harmony hub, you can just link it via the upgrade button,. it just works lol.

sorry i cannot be more specific on it. i have to say though when people buy the harmony hub they mostly use a smartphone or tablet and dont use the remote connected to it, i jsut liek the remote becuase of the touch screen tbh, it looks really flashy

Associate
I was also confused by the hub vs touch. I've not found anything concrete but it looks like the touch does indeed have rf, it just doesn't come with anything that uses it. Tempted to give it a go, but going to wait for black friday as Logitech stuff is normally on offer.

Associate
Only the hub uses 'RF' for bluetooth and some ip control features - the remotes themselves only seem to use RF to communicate with the hub.

Back
Top Bottom