** Which HDD For New Build ** (Raid 0) Or Single

Associate
** Which HDD For New Build ** (Raid 0) Or Single

hi all,

can somebody tell me what hdd drive to use in my new build, it will be a gamer!

asus p5q pro
q6600
nvidia 260
4gig ocz ram
700w power supply

i need to know weather to raid 0....... or go single.

many thanks:confused:

Man of Honour
RAID0 gives you a lot more speed but will more than double the chance of losing data (double mech failiure rate + possible corruption of stripe). Only go for this if you have a third drive (internal or external) for backup. Will get you into levels quicker in online play for sure..

Most new single drives are so fast though they are all you need... I'd go for a western digital WD640AAKS, cheap, fast and reliable plus keeps system simple which i rekon in these days of uber fast everything is a good thing :)

I'd forget more expensive drives, just not worth the money for the little extra speed they give.. and 640GB is enough for pretty much all your data unless your a hardcore pirate lol

Last edited:
Associate
I'd go for a pair of Samsung 320 GB drives, very fast and reliable, if you are worried about data loss then make sure you backup. i have used raid 0 for years now, and it feels lots quicker. The doubling of the chance of losing your data has to be taken in context, buying two lottery tickets doubles your chance of winning the lottery for example. Most hard drives have between 3 and 5 years warranty, which gives an indication to how reliable these devices are. Give raid 0 a try!

Back
Top Bottom