Which in-ear earphones for £40-50?

Soldato
Hi there, as title im looking for some earphones...

I was about to get the Sennheiser CX 3.00, but then stumbled on something called the Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Refrence Monitor Earphones.

Thing is the B100 are 50ohm. The senns are 18ohm.

Will the B100 be ok with standard headphone jacks on phones/tablets/laptops?
Also never heard of Brainwavz before but the specs seem good.

Anyone have any experience? Thanks.

Soldato
Yes it will be fine, I use the B100 from my Moto G4 all the time and the pairing sounds great.

I'm actually using them now, they sound really good from my Magni 2 as well :D

ps. Just so you know, the B100 have straight through cables, so no mic or controls.

Associate
+ for B100. I love mine! Listening to them on my S6edge + and they still sound good. The only complaint is that they aren't great for dubstep as the bass is refined and goes low but it can be lacking for some people. (not recommended for bass heads).

Soldato
If you want lots of bass for cheap, the Tennmak Piano has great sub-bass and only costs £19 - the only drawback is they can be a bit fiddly to fit as the housings are quite large but when they are in properly they sound very good indeed.

Associate
One more for the Soundmagic E10C, I've had the Sennheiser CX3s in the past and the E10Cs are better in my opinion. The build quality of the wire and where it connects to the jack/buds seems really good. Paired with some comply or inair memory foam tips become even better.

Caporegime
One more for the Soundmagic E10C, I've had the Sennheiser CX3s in the past and the E10Cs are better in my opinion. The build quality of the wire and where it connects to the jack/buds seems really good. Paired with some comply or inair memory foam tips become even better.

The Soundmagic E10s are easily bettered by other options. All of my recent purchases sound better including the Tennmak Piano and Xiaomi Dual Driver Pistons.

Associate
I can only speak from my own experience, and I've only had cheaper sennheiser and creative earbuds in the past, not much of an audiophile.
I'd read really good things about the Xiaomis but chose the Soundmagics because I needed the angular jack.

Associate
I've had 3 different in ears over the last couple of years, I loved the VSD3's till they died on me, excellent customer service with Lend me ur ears though they sent me out a set of GR07's as a replacement which are excellent, but I felt the VSD3s felt more comfortable. I also have a pair of E10s which I think are fine, but still the VSD3's trump them imo.

Back
Top Bottom