which is the best Touchscreen Phone right now?

Associate
I'm reviewing the Galaxy S, the HTC Legend, and the HTC Wildfire next week for work, and will be comparing them to my iPhone 4, HTC Desire and Nexus One, so should have some good comparisons early next week.

Isn't it a bit late to review them now?
They have been out for ages, all you need to do is copy/paste one of the hundres of already available reviews.

Caporegime
Spawn, where can you get the iPhone 4 for £250? Share the good news! :)

Ermm you cant and i didnt say you could..unless you manage to get one off a back of a lorry or something;).

My point being is that the iphone4 is probably the easiest touchscreen phone to use out there...sure its restricted in that you cant customise unless you jailbreak it but for me it does the job superbly but im using mine as a multimedia device ie mp3s and apps plus use whatsapp which keeps me in touch with my iphag friends:p

Caporegime
Ermm you cant and i didnt say you could..unless you manage to get one off a back of a lorry or something;).

My point being is that the iphone4 is probably the easiest touchscreen phone to use out there...sure its restricted in that you cant customise unless you jailbreak it but for me it does the job superbly but im using mine as a multimedia device ie mp3s and apps plus use whatsapp which keeps me in touch with my iphag friends:p

But given the £250 max budget for this thread... a pointless suggestion, no?

Isn't it a bit late to review them now?
They have been out for ages, all you need to do is copy/paste one of the hundres of already available reviews.

I'm being paid to do it, from a user's POV with direct comparisons, who am I to argue.

EDIT: However, I will be getting hold of a Desire HD from HTC directly in the coming weeks :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Iphone4...it just works without you having to faff around with it..sure it lacks the customisation that you would get with the Android but for something to just pick up and go with minimum of fuss...the iphone4 is about the best you can get.

/end thread

Grr....

I hate it when people make this comment. It's just not true, buy an Android and it "just works" you don't have to tinker/customize it, you can use it out the box just like iPhone.

Most users on this forum do like to tinker with there Android phones. My wife has one and all she has done is install apps (shock horror just like you do on an iPhone)

Soldato
Exactly, the whole 'just works' thing is absolute tosh. My desire booted up, synced with my google account and looked very pretty with animated weather etc. So it works.

I work with a few iPhone owners and they always seem to have issues. One has a 4 and has a signal issue when held in his left hand, so he got the free case from apple. He still maintains it is an issue with the calculation algorithm for the signal display. Then his microphone stopped working one day. Another one got totally messed up by the latest update, wasn't paying attention to what they were doing with it (I was concentrating on working) but they spent a good few hours trying to fix it.

Finally, I'm typing this from my iPad, which literally just hung for 30s when I typed the 'd' . It regularly crashes in safari and is far from issue free.

Yes, the devices are good and have their place, but they're far from the holy Grail the fanboys want you to think.

Soldato
I don't think flash is that much of a big deal to be honest, i use it on my desire because it's there, but on my ipad i don't miss it.

But the arguments over why people think apple devices are better are very weak argmunets. The fact is they are not better, in a lot of cases they do a lot less "out the box" than say Android.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
Wait a minute iPhone need to be connected to the pc first yes? As soon as you take them out the box and turn them on for the first time.

How is the useable from out the box? It's not even self reliant till you do. Android you just turn it on set up date time, setup your gmail, Facebook what have you off it goes. IPhone you have to connect to a pc with itunes installed before its working

Last edited:
Associate
Hey, sorry for posting on your thread, but my question isn't worth its own thread;
How are the dictionarys on the phones, eg. my sony ericsson doesnt spell words with ' in there but on my ipod touch it puts it in for you? thanks for any replys, its just a little thing that annoys me..

Soldato
I gotta say, Flash on Android is overrated. Sure, it's nice to have it but barely any decent sites are coded in Flash these days. It was also noticeably slow and laggy running on my Nexus One so I don't miss it. Until they can replicate the desktop Flash experience, it has a way to go.

Only thing that annoys me is when you load a web page with YouTube videos embedded in it and you get a big play symbol with a cross through it... would it really be so hard to link to the native app?

Caporegime
Grr....

I hate it when people make this comment. It's just not true, buy an Android and it "just works" you don't have to tinker/customize it, you can use it out the box just like iPhone.

Most users on this forum do like to tinker with there Android phones. My wife has one and all she has done is install apps (shock horror just like you do on an iPhone)

Oh FFS wind your neck in son...im no apple lover myself but after having the Desire and now having the iphone4....i can see why people like the iphone4...its easier to use and get to grips with...hell my 7 yr old nephew can use the iphone4 without any issues whereas im sure he would have been bamboozled by the Desire. Apps wise that crown definitely belongs to apple, sure a lot of them are useless but then i found a lot of useless apps on Android too...swings and roundabouts really....you choose what works for you and in my case my BB and iphone4 fit my lifestyle perfectly whereas my BB and Desire didnt.

As for flash??...havent missed it one single bit on the iphone4...but then im not a huge mobile web browser but the browser on the iphone4 does everything i need it to.

If anything im more of a blackberry man as it is but for the multimedia side ie mp3s and games the iphone4 fits the bill perfectly.

Sadly Android for me is never going to be a viable option, ive had 2 of them and i wasnt at all that impressed with it unlike the iphone4...to me Android is a phone for people who like to tinker around with their phones...thats for certain whereas the iphone is somewhat a smartphone for the masses.

Like i said for me the biggest fail of the iphone4 is the lack of customisation unless you JB it, which i havent done with mine because as ive said im not using it as a phone but rather as a multimedia device. Saying that it would be nice of Apple to open their OS up a bit, its not all doom and gloom with customising if a user should feel so.

Haha, don't worry about spawn's comments. Buying the latest iPhone turn people into Simple Jack for a few months.

Haha really??...i dont think since owning the iphone4 from Aug its made me a simple Jack as you put it...i know its disadv's and adv's compared to other phones.

Come back when you have something worthwhile to say;).

Back
Top Bottom