Which joystick for squadrons?

Soldato
Not much more to it than the thread title! I’m looking for a joystick, specifically to play Star Wars Squadrons.

I don’t think I need a full on flight sim HOTAS set up but just a good quality 3 axis stick with a throttle and plenty of buttons for the various controls the game has.

The last one I owed was made by Microsoft and had a game port that plugged into a sound card. It was pretty basic but completely solid and good quality. I don’t think I need anything more for one game!

Any suggestions?

Soldato
I've just nabbed an x52 on the Members market, that's probably the lowest spec I'd go... I'm still looking for an X56 Rhino at the moment though, I've had the Warthog previously and while it's really well built the lack of x axis on the stick really means you need flight pedals too which I couldn't find at a decent price.

Associate
Thrustmaster t.16000m is probably your best bet for less than £100. Same Magnetic sensors on X and y axis as the warthog but analogue on the twist, which like most pot based joysticks is prone to becoming inaccurate over time.
For over £100 vkb gladiator series. Unfortunately both aren't that easy to find at the minute.

Or if you still have a sidewinder, source an adapter as they are still better made than most of the non boutique gear.

Associate
i have to agree with the above, the t16000 are fantastic
you can always add a throttle another stick etc if you want them

if you want to push the boat out have a look at virpil, but its way more money, imo not worth it based on your post, but i thought i should throw it out there

Soldato
i have to agree with the above, the t16000 are fantastic
you can always add a throttle another stick etc if you want them

if you want to push the boat out have a look at virpil, but its way more money, imo not worth it based on your post, but i thought i should throw it out there

Yeah an 800+ Euro stick/throttle for a £35 game thats not even out yet maybe pushing it a little. I'd love a Virpil but cant justify that sort of money and I play Elite and other games with a HOTAS a lot.

I have found the X56 is a nice middle ground, lots of buttons and hats for VR play when i cant use the keyboard, but not that expensive.
Its not the best sure, some people complain about quality but my older X55 lasted 6 years and broke though no fault of the stick (it got fizzed by a bad powered USB hub that killed everything plugged into it), but i think its the only stick/throttle you can pick up for £200 before you start paying monster money.

Back
Top Bottom