Which memory should i use?

Associate
I am currently looking to get a bigger memory card for my Fujifilm S9500. I was reading in the manual that it will take Microdrives. However I hear a lot of problems with compatibilty. Which microdrives will suit this camera? Or should i stick to Xd?

Man of Honour
Microdrives are a waste of time these days, they were great when they first came out because they had a far better price:capacity ratio than solid state cards. Now flash memory is dirt cheap, far faster and still infinitely more reliable than microdrives.

Cost wise there's litte difference between compact flash and XD but CF is available in larger sizes although there's nothing on the Fuji site to suggest what the maximum usable size (if any) is.

Soldato
I would say that Compact Flash is more accepted (slightly) format. I guess they're a bit larger in physical size however there seems to be a much bigger choice of CF cards....

Microdrives...waste of time, just get some largeish CF cards...8 gig are fairly cheap, and I haven't seen many problems with CF card sizes!

:)

Back
Top Bottom