1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which motherboard to buy for the 3900x? from these 3?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by TONEDEPTH, Jul 27, 2019.

1. TONEDEPTH

Gangster

i am currently looking into theses boards which one best.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VIII-HERO-WI-FI/

MSI MEG X570 ACE (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard

[​IMG]

MEG X570 ACE (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 CHIPSET ATX MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard

X570 AORUS MASTER (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 CHIPSET ATX MOTHERBOARD

Will be using with a 3900x.

2. TONEDEPTH

Gangster

can someone help me please? which to buy from these 3?

3. Jamin280672

Wise Guy

Its all about personal preference really, I went for the ACE and I love it, I wasnt too keen on the black and gold colour scheme, but you cant see it anyway in the case, they will all perform pretty much the same way, the only difference I can see between the 3 is the ACE is the only one with a heatpipe between the VRM and chipset, the VRM on the ACE by the way doesnt get hot at all, ive not seen mine go over 55oC yet, MSI did a good job on this board.

4. Smak

Gangster

MEG ACE here... Zero issue with this board so far, as already mentioned the cooling solution and placement is great and even on the balanced profile the fan has yet to kick in. Also I've managed to set RAM to 3733-16-16-16-36-1T with very little effort.

Personally I like the black gold scheme it matches my Zotac 2080ti and kinda fits in with my Noctua fans.

Added bonus you get a free 240 AIO to keep or sell :cool:

5. TONEDEPTH

Gangster

so the MEG X570 ACE (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 CHIPSET ATX MOTHERBOARD is better from X570 AORUS MASTER (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 CHIPSET ATX MOTHERBOARD??

6. tatts

Wise Guy

Hero for me, it’s the one I went for :)

7. TONEDEPTH

Gangster

why most people prefer the MEG X570 ACE (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 CHIPSET ATX MOTHERBOARD? can you tell me the reasons please??

i mean the MEG X570 ACE (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 CHIPSET ATX MOTHERBOARD is better from X570 AORUS MASTER (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 CHIPSET ATX MOTHERBOARD????

8. tatts

Wise Guy

I just like asus and prefer the colour scheme. Don’t think you’ll go wrong with any of them.

9. TONEDEPTH

Gangster

which from these 3 have better vrms and more etc stuff??

10. TONEDEPTH

Gangster

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VIII-HERO-WI-FI/

MSI MEG X570 ACE (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard

[​IMG]

MEG X570 ACE (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 CHIPSET ATX MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard

X570 AORUS MASTER (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 CHIPSET ATX MOTHERBOARD

11. Jamin280672

Wise Guy

Like I said before there is little difference between all 3 boards, it will come down to which ever you personally prefer yourself, colours, layout, general preference.

The VRMs on all 3 boards make little to no difference, they dont get hot, they are all overkill, they can all easily handle the 3950X, they can all produced approx 1000amps in total (this is a wild guess, dont quote me on it) but major overkill

MSI and Gigabyte have 3 M.2 Slot, ASUS only has 2

MSI has the heatpipe, ASUS and Gigabyte dont

ASUS has 8 SATA port, MSI only has 4, Gigabyte has 6

MSI has 2 x PCI-e x1 slots, Gigabyte and ASUS have 1

They all have the same Audio chip

They all have the same 2 LAN ports

They all have the same WiFi

read some reviews of all the boards and take you pick, whatever you need the most go for, maybe you need loads of SATA ports, maybe you need 3 nvme slots (thats why I went for the ACE, along with previous bad experience with Gigabyte), theres not point asking the same question over and over, the answers are out there, go and compare the boards.

12. TrM

Gangster

I originally brought the msi ace motherboard myself but bios problems made me return it. I spoke to msi before I did and asked when they release a bios update and they said between 26 and 6th August and I thought that was unacceptable they have the oldest bios of all 3 and gave me strange behaviour and very poor system stability. But the motherboard is very nice and has a lot of features and I would still recommend the motherboard but bios is way behind the others.

I then brought a ASRock Taichi X570 and that died just turned off then gave a 00 error so I had to send that one back.

Not I have a ASUS Crosshair viii hero and I love it the bios for me is a lot better then the msi and everything just works it’s a lot more stable and working perfectly for my 3900x and my ram etc

I don’t think you would go wrong with any of the 3 motherboards you have asked about all very solid good vrm and many other features I went with ASUs in the end and I’m gonna keep this hero motherboard.

13. KungFuSpaghetti

Hitman

Personally I wouldn't bother with any of the new x570 boards unless you need PCIE4.