Which of these 3 cheap tablets

Soldato
I looking for one well 2 for my kids 7 and 9.

A1CS 7" RAPID5® DUAL-CORE (2*1.4) TABLET - ANDROID 4.1 JELLY-BEAN - CAPACITIVE MULTI TOUCH SCREEN

TABTRONICS 8GB M009S 7" Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) - with DOUBLE System RAM (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - Responsive Capacitive Screen

CloudNine Neuropad ULTRA --Now with Android 4.0.4 ICS DOUBLE THE RAM AND STORAGE OF THE NEUROPAD2 with Android 4.1 Tablet - 2160p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 processor NOW WITH 16GB Memory AND 1GB DDR3 RAM

Im not sure if I can link the rainforest.

Associate
CloudNine Neuropad ULTRA --Now with Android 4.0.4 ICS DOUBLE THE RAM AND STORAGE OF THE NEUROPAD2 with Android 4.1 Tablet - 2160p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 processor NOW WITH 16GB Memory AND 1GB DDR3 RAM.

I'm not sure that's even remotely true, the resolution is 800 x 400, 2160p would be 3840×2160 and is known as 4K UHD. Its not even widely available in TVs, let alone 7" tablets.

You've not really given us enough information to make a comparison either. You need information on Processor (speed and number of cores), memory (RAM, storage and what memory cards it takes), screen (resolution and DPI), graphics processor, battery life. Also if its for kids you want one that's durable and a good build quality.

But just going on what you've given us, I'd say the first one as its dual core and its running the newest OS of the three (it seems).

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys, what about Akash? The one engineered in India. They say it's going to be very cheap, around 50$.

The main idea of Akash was to create computing device which is affordable, and by affordable I mean it is the cheapest gadget ever. Targeted mainly at students and educational needs the significances of the product can’t be under mind. Akash is manufactured in India and it is the world cheapest tablet computer. It has a 7 inch resistive screen and weighs only 350 grams and it runs on android 2.2. It has a Wi-Fi connection, 2 full USB ports, 256 MB ram and a 2GB flash memory, but it also have a 2 GB micro SD card which is expandable to 32 GB. It is designed especially for students and educational purpose. If you do not want to spend more than 50$ on a tablet than Akash is the right choice for you.

Price: 2 GB flash storage for 50$
source: http://www.mawista.com/blog/en/top-cheapest-tablets-for-students/

Personally, I'm happy with the investment I made on the Nexus 7. It's worth every penny. But I think these cheap tablets are good for people in the third world countries to improve education and be better informed about the world.

Associate
I wouldn't get anything with an 800x480 resolution.

Imagine your basic 4" phone stretched out three extra inches, and that's how it's going to look.

Soldato
The A1CS Rapid5 is probably the best option as it has a dual core Cortex A9 cpu + quad core Mali400 gpu, so should handle any games you throw at it.

Keep in mind that it only has 8gb of storage (around 6gb usable), so you might want to get a decent 8 or 16gb class 4 microsd card for it too.

Plus A1CS are UK based & going by the feedback in the user reviews their customer service is pretty good.

Soldato
I'd avoid TABTRONICS - they got really arsey because I listed a tablet on Amazon that they sell on the 'sell one like this' part, they were really rude and sending me all kind of made up legal threats. Just because I was selling the same tablet as them and they didn't even have one in stock!

I got a rather suspicious problem buyer for it as well, actually very suspicious when given the location.

The other thing is that all they do (in that case certainly) is buy cheap Chinese tablets and put their own sticker and extra cost on. Whatever it is you'll probably get it £50 cheaper on Aliexpress.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom