Which of these 3 fans is best ?

Associate
I've been looking over the past few days on what case fan to take, and I'm perplexed to how many of them are and the differences in price, RPM, CFM, size etc... All of this made my 10 minute search turn into 5 days of research.

I've decided between

Noctua NF-AF14 FLX (30 €)
BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm (29 €)
BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High Speed Edition (27 €)
Arctic F14 PWM (7 €)

Any opinions on which one do you guys think is best ?
I'm basically looking for a fan with good airflow for cooling my case compononents especially the GPU since I plan to overclock it, and want to cool it as much as possible. I don't mind the noise also because I'm wearing headphones all the time.

Also if anyone has any better 140mm fan suggestions, let me know and reasons for it.

Thanks.

EDIT: I will buy 2 of the fans, 1 will be at the front (slightly blocked by HDD cage), and the other one at the bottom (free from any obstruction), so I'm not sure whether to take 1 SP and 1 AF or 2 of any of these types.

Soldato
Owning all of them 3, depends on your user case

Pushing most air & further, but louder Noctua
Pushing Good Air not as far but much quieter Slient Wings 3 (normal)

personally ive swapped all my Fans from noctua > be quiet then back to Noctua

Associate
OP
Ok, these are the fans which I'm having trouble in choosing from, which of these ones would provide most airflow into the PC to keep the temps down ?

Noctua NF-AF14 FLX
BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm
BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High Speed Edition
Arctic F14 PWM
Corsair ML140 Pro
Fractal Design Silent R2 140mm

Soldato
I'm basically looking for a fan with good airflow for cooling my case compononents especially the GPU since I plan to overclock it, and want to cool it as much as possible. I don't mind the noise also because I'm wearing headphones all the time.

Also if anyone has any better 140mm fan suggestions, let me know and reasons for it.

Having messed with a couple of types of Noctuas, I wanted to give Noiseblocker a try. Not unhappy with Noctua at all, was simply curious about the design of some of the NB fans, that have the blades joined to an exterior that also spins along with the blades, as one. Wanted one that'd push a good amount of air without going crazy on noise, and settled on this one:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noiseblocker-nb-eloop-fan-b14-3-140mm-fg-061-nb.html

It's 29mm thick though, not the usual 25mm.

Review here: http://thermalbench.com/2016/02/12/blacknoise-nb-eloop-b14-ps-and-b14-3-140mm-fans/3/

Had it for about a year. Am I pleased with it? Yes. Good warranty on it too (something Noctua, new Corsair fans, and Arctic also have in common, as opposed to BeQuiet and Fractal).

Soldato
I've been looking over the past few days on what case fan to take, and I'm perplexed to how many of them are and the differences in price, RPM, CFM, size etc... All of this made my 10 minute search turn into 5 days of research.

I've decided between

Noctua NF-AF14 FLX (30 €)
BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm (29 €)
BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High Speed Edition (27 €)
Arctic F14 PWM (7 €)

Any opinions on which one do you guys think is best ?

Thanks.

EDIT: I will buy 2 of the fans, 1 will be at the front (slightly blocked by HDD cage), and the other one at the bottom (free from any obstruction), so I'm not sure whether to take 1 SP and 1 AF or 2 of any of these types.
The Arctic F14 are amazingly good for 7 quid. I would probably get 3 of them and use 2 for front intake and 3rd for bottom intake. Remove all unused PCIe slot covers to improve front to back airflow arround GPU.

Soldato
I replaced all my case fans (including noctua F12 and P12s) with arctic cooling F12s which were 3 pounds each and temperatures went down at the same noise level. Definitely amazing fans but the blades can cut you if you are not careful.

Associate
One thing to remember is if all fans are within a very small margin of each other then Noctua come with a 6 year garentee and I find them to be very good with airflow noise and cooling.

Back
Top Bottom