1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Oil/Screenwash?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Bexx, 28 Dec 2015.

1. Bexx

Gangster

I have a Peugeot 108 but have previously only ever owned Ford Kas so I'm wondering if I can use the products I have here or if I need brand new ones.

Does anyone happen to know what oil it takes? The manual isn't very helpful and just says:

I figured they're working in cahoots with Total Quartz and I could easily buy Tescos own, I just don't know which one.

I don't do any form of intensive driving so I'm guessing I can go with either of the other two. What if I buy the 10w40 but there's already 5w30 in the car? surely it can't be safe to mix the two?

I've dug out my warranty/maintenence book and it has a cross list of all cars and all oil (including 0w30) and my model has a tick in each box! So I could use either one?

Same goes for screenwash, I can check what colour is already in there before I buy more but can you mix colours?

2. MrMoonX

PermaBanned

check opie oils and put in your car there, I would guess either way it would be a fully synthetic oil due to the long service intervals on a pug

just buy whatever screen wash it doesn't matter

3. Bexx

Gangster

It doesn't have any results for me on that website :(

Thank you re: the screenwash :)

4. Finglonga

Wise Guy

5. Bexx

Gangster

SORRY, NO RESULTS FOUND. PLEASE, SEARCH AGAIN.

:confused:

EDIT: Did the picking of the options on the left instead and it came back with 5w30, not sure I have the 'e-VTI' but I just picked the 1.2 option

6. Armageus

Don

Worst case pop into the dealership and buy a top up from there - that will confirm what viscosity you need and what the current recommended brand is. After you know that, then you can buy from anywhere E.g. frequently main dealers sell the recommended oils on eBay at discount prices.

7. Bexx

Gangster

But I could buy any brand as long as it's the right number, right? It's a lease car so don't want to mess it up by putting the wrong one in but surely brand wouldnt matter

8. sovietspybob

Mobster

The main numbers (0W30, 10W40) only tell part of the story, they are just the viscosity or thickness. With modern cars the specification is just as important and are manufacture specific such as VW 501.01. Modern diesels for example usually need a low ash oil otherwise the filters in the exhaust will get clogged up.

9. dholdi

Wise Guy

Isn't servicing included with the lease ?

10. Bexx

Gangster

I don't think so, no

It's not due for a service until next year but I wanted to keep on top of the levels

11. dholdi

Wise Guy

Ok, if so then you do need to ensure the levels are correct.

12. Armageus

Don

Yes you could buy any brand, but not sure why you wouldn't spend a couple of quid more and get what the manufacturer recommends.

13. Edinho

Mobster

The manual says 10w40. Semi-synth will do unless you intend running it for a million miles then use a full synth.

Think Halfords are doing £12/5l good enough and probably a rebranded shell or the like.

Last edited: 29 Dec 2015