1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which SKT 939 mobo that is AGP ?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by ShiWarrior, 29 May 2006.

1. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

my system has gone down and after testing components, I need a new motherboard

current one is an Abit AV8 and I liked it

I am not sure what to get as a replacemt, that system is a gamming platform, but I cant afford a PCIe mobo, coz i cant afford a new gfcx card, im using an ATI radeon X800 XTPE anyway, which is currentlly fast enough for me.

any suggestions?

2. split

Mobster

3. Indy500

Capodecina

Epox 9NDA3, MSI Neo2 Platinum, or the DFI if you can afford it.

Edit: or the Asrock, although it doesnt clock as well ;)

4. Mikey1280

Wise Guy

Asrock dual would be perfect, has both agp and pcie slots so that you can upgrade to pcie in the future, and costs only £43 from ocuk

EDIT: beaten to it

5. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

thanks

That Asrock looks a good bet!

thing is.. I haven't got a floppy drive :rolleyes:

6. hp7909

Mobster

'nuff said :cool:
    Thought XP SP2 should install without need for a floppy/SATA drivers? If issue, then I'm sure you can pick up a drive for v.cheap - might also be handy to keep around ;)

7. meaz

PermaBanned

I recomend the Epox 9nda3i, can be picked up for around £40 and is nForce3 250 has good overclocking options and is very stable. Has onboard sound, LAN and an AGP Slot.

Also the gigabyte Gigabyte K8NSNC. This board is also nForce3 250 but the gb version. Has gbit LAN, sound, sata, overclocking options and an AGP slot, also is very stable.

I've got both of these mobo's and the only quibble ive got with one is the EpOX's onboard sound is a bit tinny.

8. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

Thats worth a consideration, but if the epox board sounds a bit naff, then that's out as i dont have a sound card as of yet

9. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

A DFI as an AGP? I've seen threads on the DFI, they very good?

10. Indy500

Capodecina

Apparently so.

DFI LanParty UT NF3 Ultra (Socket 939) Motherboard (MB-016-DF) last page of the DFI 939 section here.

11. hp7909

Mobster

From what I understand, the VIA chipset for the last Socket 939 AGP m.boards was much better than NF3 :confused:

TBH, the Asrock is your best bet & wouldn't understand why anyone would want to go different - think about the resale value also ;)