Which slots put m.2 in on Asus Maximus XII Hero

Associate
Hi guys,

Just got me a Asus Maximus XII Hero, just waiting for the 10900k stock to arrive.

The board has 3 x m.2 slots. The manual talks about them sharing bandwidth and disabling SATA ports when used.

My question, I have a new MP510 960GB for windows and maybe some other stuff, and I will probably get another one, so I will have 2 M2 drives.

Which ports are the best to put them in on the mobo so I get max performance.

I will be putting my current 980ti in the build until the new cards come out in Sept(?), but it will only be a 1 GPU rig.

Cheers

Soldato
Whilst we could get technical about bandwidth sharing etc, in real world I don't think you will notice the difference.

I have 2x NVME with Vega 64 on a much cheaper x470 budget board and they all work fine and go up to their maximum or near max speeds.

There might be a difference of 100-400mb/s (as in , 3400 vs 3000 ) if you have silly fast drives and copy big files at the same time as play game that tax GPU to max but really outside of benchmarks you wouldn't be able to tell.

Only thing to know is as per manual, if you use I think the top drive, you lose 2 sata ports if you use these at all - simply move the connector to other one, you have 8 I think so unless you need all 8 sata drives it makes no difference.

Back
Top Bottom