which ssd to buy Corsair Force Series 3 vs gt vs crucial m4 vs vertex 3 :s

Associate
going to shell out for an ssd now or in the morning from ocuk got my eye on these 4, what gets me is the series 3 is £119.99 for 120 gb and yet in benchmarks perform the same ? is this a no questions steal to buy ? or is there a reason. which do i go for, for out right blatent performance and also reliability. would like an answer soon as depening on the feedback will relate to what i buy :)

Associate
going to shell out for an ssd now or in the morning from ocuk got my eye on these 4, what gets me is the series 3 is £119.99 for 120 gb and yet in benchmarks perform the same ? is this a no questions steal to buy ? or is there a reason. which do i go for, for out right blatent performance and also reliability. would like an answer soon as depening on the feedback will relate to what i buy :)

Right now everyone seems to be recommending the M4s with the new 0009 firmware giving it a significant performance boost! Im going to be ordering one soon, check out the 009 firmware thread lots of people have bought these drives in the last few days.

Associate
OP
went for the m4 128gb, good buy ? is it faster than the 64gb version and will it be enough to house cubase, photoshop suite, after effects a few games and a ffew gb of samples ? thinking i should have got the 256gb verdsion

Associate
The 128GB version has faster write speeds than the 64GB version (64GB only has a write speed of 110MB/s, where as the 128GB version has write speeds of 200MB/s). Both versions have the same read speeds.

Liam

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Guys can you help me I've got just the m4 in atm to install windows it gives me windows boot manager : unexpected i/o error has occurred :l is the drive dead I updated the firmware first to 0009 then set to ahci then booted from windows disk the bar goes so far then gives me that error please help

Back
Top Bottom