Which to choose ?

Soldato
OP
Cyrus Soundkey :)

OK so I got the Soundkey, but it seems to have lowered the volume of my Momentums which are ( were ) pretty load , but having said that I can hear more detail in what I've been listening to almost like they are higher ohm headphones ( I think they are 32 ohms ) .

I should say that before the soundkey I was using a Dacmagic which although much louder did not have the same detail plus seemed to have some crackling and hissing too .

Soldato
OK so I got the Soundkey, but it seems to have lowered the volume of my Momentums which are ( were ) pretty load , but having said that I can hear more detail in what I've been listening to almost like they are higher ohm headphones ( I think they are 32 ohms ) .

I should say that before the soundkey I was using a Dacmagic which although much louder did not have the same detail plus seemed to have some crackling and hissing too .

That's a shame, are you going to try the Dragonfly? Audiolab M-Dac nano is another option which is supposed to be good.

Associate
I have a Dragonfly and it's very, very good. I use it at work in my laptop's docking station, with a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50X headphones and the sound is slightly warm, with excellent bass, mid-range, and treble. I'm not sure what the latest models of the Dragonfly are like but I can certainly vouch for the original!

Back
Top Bottom