Which TV

Associate
Afternoon all. Just wondering what new 2018 model TV'S people have bought recently. Looking around for a new 49" i looked at the Sony XF8505BU few reviews give that ok pic but bad operating system and poor remote plus not really after Android operating system to be honest. And the Samsungs which i do like there new models upto £800 don't look very good seems all there money has gone into QLED and not sure i want to spend that much at the mo. That leaves me with the
LG 49SK8100PLA any thoughts on this one at £749 and bit cheaper then the sony

Associate
Might find some useful information here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/which-55-tv-or-smaller.18829337/

I've seen the 55 inch model of the TV you're considering in Curry's. If there's no differences between the 49 and 55, it may be worth a visit. It looked good to me... Whites a bit off and dark when compared to the Sony next to it, which could be settings or IPS panel related.

I think it's a hard time to make recommendations at the moment. The models have mostly recently refreshed, meaning they are quite over priced

Associate
OP
The Sony 8505bu did look ok but very iffy remote layout and the OS puts me off Sony the customer reviews seem decent the 9 series Sony looks a better option but still getting the same OS and remote. The LG gets decent reviews to which is just 50 pound cheaper to the Sony 8 series

Back
Top Bottom