Which WiFi AX APs would you go for for seamless roaming

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

I'll be running some CAT6 around the house later this week as I'm fed up of different mesh systems and poor speeds.

At work we use Cambium access points which seem to work really well.

However, does anyone have any other ideas which may be more suited to a home environment with seamless roaming? Will likely be putting in 4 access points.

Thanks,
Mal

Caporegime
You say you're fed up with existing mesh systems, which implies you have an existing mesh system, so just wire whatever you have in for now. I still think Wi-Fi 6 is a bit new to be jumping on at home, I'm waiting for 6E and for prices to come down a bit.

I wired things up and put in a BT Whole Home Mini set of 3 disks that cost me £75 total as a stop-gap measure, and it's been perfect. There's no real settings that can be changed and it's only 2x2 802.11ac but it's quick enough for my FTTC, and anything that needs to put stuff onto a NAS is cabled up anyway.

Soldato
Ubiquiti UniFi (U6-Lite or U6-LR) seems to be most people’s favourite but you might want to look at TP-Link Omada, Meraki AR36, Aruba 510 and 550 are all options. And of course Cambium. But my guess is you’ll end up with U6-Lites.

Back
Top Bottom