Which would you choose and why

Soldato
It was my 40th last week so I'm considering treating myself to a new bike. Budget is around £10k so I've narrowed my choices down to the following

1) Triumph Street Triple RX (2015)
2) Triumph Daytona 675 (2013/2014)
3) Triumph Daytona 675R (2015)
4) BMW S1000RR (2012)

I'm already riding a 2010 Street Triple so getting a new one seems silly however I do love my Triumph and the RX would be a nice upgrade. I'm not a particularly fast rider on the roads so the BMW seems like overkill however I do like the idea of the electronic safety net and it is nice to have plenty of power in reserve. They do seem pretty well made too.
The Daytonas are somewhere in the middle I guess. Sportier than the Street Triple but not as mental as the S1000RR.

Which would you treat yourself to?

Caporegime
Happy birthday :)

My experience is based solely on what I've heard / read / seen but given that you're already on a triple I'd probably go for the BMW. The other options all have roughly the same engine which again is very similar to the one you already have, so why not go for something completely different?

Soldato
What about the S1000R? It's a bit sportier than the Street I think and not supersports.

I would personally treat myself to the S1000RR if the 4 bikes above were my choice.

Saying that, I've also been tempted by a GS, TIger Explorer or other touring bike after doing my Scotland trip :D

Last edited:
Soldato
What about the S1000R? It's a bit sportier than the Street I think and not supersports.

I would personally treat myself to the S1000RR if the 4 bikes above were my choice.

Saying that, I've also been tempted by a GS, TIger Explorer or other touring bike after doing my Scotland trip :D

This.

S1000R seems more suitable, but if you're not bothered about speed on the road then why not look for something different? A bike that you can't get the most out of is just frustrating. It's the reason I sold my gsxr1000 for the GS. I could only really open it up properly on a track

Soldato
The s1000rr it's the only choice there, it's an incredible machine.

And I like triumphs, but the S1000r is something else.

Soldato
Bit of a strange choice with basically a bike you already own bar some cosmetic bits, and the s1000rr which is a completely different beast.

With 10k to play with you can have almost anything, from a speed triple to KTM 1190 adventure or multistrada.

What sort of riding do you do?

Soldato
The s1000 is a great bike... its quick.. handles well BUT its soulless. Its typical german and does everything very well . But it dose not excite . You need to try other stuff .. Thats outside your small shortlist and discover some truly exciting bikes that not only do what the BMW does but stirs the soul !

IC3

IC3

Soldato
4) BMW S1000RR (2012) in the BMW colours or Baby Blue or Red & Black or Black. :p

Or RSV4, but be prepared as Italian bikes are not trouble-free...

Back
Top Bottom