Which Xbox 360 package should I buy?

Nor

Nor

Associate
I currently have 2 Xbox 360 Premiums, only use 1 of them, 1 is a spare for when the other is off getting fixed. Had about 12 repairs in all.

With the new patch out soon which allows you to copy games to the HDD to speed up load times I thought I'd get a 120GB HDD. They cost about £99 though, so thought I'd may as well buy an Elite. Will get £210 trading in my 2 Premiums and the shop does the Elite for £240 with a couple of games I don't have. So £30 for a new console.

That seem like a good plan, or am I missing something? Do the Elite's have the new cooler running chip incidentally? Chairs.

Caporegime
Nope imo. Better to buy a 120hdd for £79.99 minus quidco. Then buy an arcade if your set on the newer chipset and hdmi. Plus you have the cable to sell which you get with the retail HDD. I got £20 for mine this week on the bay.

I would then just sell the premiums privately. Depends how much effort you want to go to. If you dont need the HDMI just keep what you have and buy a HDD.

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
Nope imo. Better to buy a 120hdd for £79.99 minus quidco. Then buy an arcade if your set on the newer chipset and hdmi. Plus you have the cable to sell which you get with the retail HDD. I got £20 for mine this week on the bay.

I would then just sell the premiums privately. Depends how much effort you want to go to. If you dont need the HDMI just keep what you have and buy a HDD.

Thanks Danny. I don't really want to sell the Premiums privately because they have been repaired so many times. They work fine just now, but I would rather a shop bought them so a customer had some comeback with the shop rather than none with me.

I could buy the Arcade and HDD from the shop though. Does the Elite not have the new chipset whereas the Arcade does? I do want HDMI incidentally.

Caporegime
The arcades and the elites are the same unit. Just make sure you pick up one of the 175w ones with the hdmi.

You can buy the arcade for £99 and the HDD for £79. Minus quidco if you use it. Plus all your previously bought prehipals match. Black is 1980's argos furniture ;)

The elite now offers nothing for the money.

Associate
I disagree, typically you would be looking at:

£130 for arcade
£80 for 120Gb Hdd
£20 for HDMI Cable
=£230

I would rather get an elite which comes with all of the above PLUS a couple of games for £240. I was in the same boat as the OP and upgraded from a premium to an elite and am happy enough. If I were the OP I would deffo be getting the elite if its only gonna cost him £30!

At the end of the day its down to personal choice and I know I prefer the elite with games to an arcade with separate components. You would be hard pressed to find an elite now that wasn't the newer chipset.

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, that's been a lot of help. Good to know the Elite is the same unit as the Arcade - as long as I make sure I get the 175w version. With my 3 year RROD warranty up in a month it's probably good idea to get a new console, considering a repair will start to cost me £80 a pop. Reckon I will go for the Elite as I get a couple of games (Halo3 and PGR4, neither of which I have) for the £30 on top of my 2x Premiums. Thanks again for the advice.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I disagree, typically you would be looking at:

£130 for arcade
£80 for 120Gb Hdd
£20 for HDMI Cable
=£230

I would rather get an elite which comes with all of the above PLUS a couple of games for £240. I was in the same boat as the OP and upgraded from a premium to an elite and am happy enough. If I were the OP I would deffo be getting the elite if its only gonna cost him £30!

Typically? Who cares about typically :p

£20 for an HDMI cable? Wanna buy some magic beans?

I've already said you can easily buy a 120gb HDD and an arcade for £170, oh and what £4 for an HDMI cable. The elite is wasted money. If you pay your 'typically money' for an arcade it comes with a game as well plus a memory card you can sell.

The elite is the worst value for money package.

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
Typically? Who cares about typically :p

£20 for an HDMI cable? Wanna buy some magic beans?

I've already said you can easily buy a 120gb HDD and an arcade for £170, oh and what £4 for an HDMI cable. The elite is wasted money. If you pay your 'typically money' for an arcade it comes with a game as well plus a memory card you can sell.

The elite is the worst value for money package.

Shop I'm trading into doesn't do them that cheap unfortunately Danny. I think they charge £99 for a HDD and £140 for the Arcade.

Back
Top Bottom