Whitby\Scarborough area

Associate
Hi

I'm heading up to The Whitby\Scarborough area in a couple of weeks and could do with a few recommendations of decent places to eat. I'm open to all types of food and cost isn't much of an issue.

Cheers

Associate
Cafe Fish in Scarborough.

A seafood place, as the name suggests. I'm not a seafood fan, but Mrs _S and my stepdaughter enjoyed the seafood. I had a steak and it was really good. We'll be going back again.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
to be honest most of the fish and chip places in whitby are good

I prefer trenchers..its big and queues rarely form (unless James Martin has just mentioned it again on the tv)

Associate
Try the Green Room in Scarborough. English food, fairly sure the chef tries to source all local produce.

Not had a bad experience in maybe 6 trips.

Associate
to be honest most of the fish and chip places in whitby are good

They're really not IMO (I work in Whitby). Best takeaway is riverside (further round the harbour opposite the boat yard, only lunchtime during the week is Friday though) but even that can be hit or miss. Magpie and trenchers are both alright but you'll pay for it, magpie is better IMO. Mr Chips despite being clarksons choice is expensive and not much cop in my experience. A lot of the rest are pretty dire, much better in Saltburn on the front near the pier. Have a look on trip advisor though, there's a couple of other places than just fish and chips in Whitby that get good reviews and there's a lot of pubs in the area.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions all. I'm expecting to eat plenty of fish and chips and seafood. Are there any decent Indian restaurants anyone could recommend?

Cheers

Soldato
I went to The Marine the last time I was in Whitby and the fish and chips was wonderful. Although I can't compare it to any of the other options.

EDIT: Just noticed how old this thread was.

Back
Top Bottom