White cars?

Caporegime
Nope, dislike wrap finishes and wouldn't want to go down the full respray route.

Having owned a car in a colour I didn't really want before I can honestly say that it made me not really want to keep it, that and now the wife owns a white car I know just how incredibly unrewarding they are to put effort into cleaning, moreso than the silver I didn't really want previously.

Unless you are seeing the car as a white good (no pun intended), then it HAS to be in a colour you would be happy with from the off IMO, not something you hope you'll grow into.

Is it recession white?

Is this even a thing?

Only reason I asked is that last year when I was looking most of the cars I specced up for prices on carwow didn't have white as a free colour.
Or if they did it was never the only colour.
Actually BMW though as OP mentions, got a feeling they may have white as freebie on some still (but nothing I was interested in so I wasnt lookign closely)

Its probably more fleet car white as a high percentage of people with company cars aren't allowed to add options so they get to choose (if there is a choice) on the standard colours :)

Soldato
Probably not. I love how mine looks, but it's not all that satisfying to clean and looks a mess when covered in road grime.
On the flip side, swirl marks and chips are less noticeable.

Would you consider one? Found a bmw I want with the right spec and mileage/history et c but it's a white convertible ...

I've been looking for nearly 2 months now:((

Well if the colour is important to you then its not the right spec ;)
Your right its not easy to have a super shiny white but some of teh pearls for example are lovely

Associate
I think it depends on the type of white, I'm not a fan of plain white cars, I much prefer my white car which is pearlescent white. As above easy to clean, looks terrible when dirty!

Associate
I'd certainly consider one - especially if it's something like an M sport where the body lines really show in white. In fact it's something I'd choose in an instant over a black car!
I've had two black BMW's and and havea black Audi now - you barely blink at it and it's dirty. The only silver lining for black cars imho is that stone chips don't show from a distance on the bumpers, that's about it!

Associate
White is good. I have a black car. Never again, ever.
Yeah this has to be the most frustrating colour of car I've had. Clean it and admire the looks. Turn around to pick up the cleaning stuff, have another swift look at the car and it already looks as if I haven't washed it in 5 years. Y u do dis car?

Caporegime
Not sure what you mean by this, most people are surprised when I tell them the MR2 is wrapped as it's just a standard gloss colour. If you avoid the tacky chromes/satins etc then you can do a straight forward colour change without it looking any different to paint.
I can only assume that either the wrap job was monumentally expensive or the people who are surprised aren’t that into cars? I’m yet to see a wrap that looks anything other than obvious from a relatively close range.

Back
Top Bottom