1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whites to become a minority race in Britain

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by dirtydog, Apr 24, 2007.

1. dirtydog

PermaBanned

This is not a new story but I don't think it has had its own thread here before, and I would be interested to gauge people's opinions on the subject.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/racism/Story/0,2763,363777,00.html

The article is from 2000 which is before the recent wave of white Eastern European immigration into the UK. That and other changes since then may mean that its figures are not spot on. The actual timing is not the most important issue however.

What I would like to know is how people here feel about the prospect of whites becoming a minority here in their own country. We are already a minority race as far as the whole world goes. Whites are already in a minority in certain areas of the UK - and also in the US and other countries. I read elsewhere that whites could be a minority in the US as early as 2060.

Personally I am alarmed by this and I think that if we don't do something then the white race may eventually die out. But even long before that happens, there would be (and we are already seeing) big changes in our society and culture; changes for the worse.

We may not be able to do anything about whites being a minority race in the whole world, but we can certainly control what happens within our own borders. I think that it should be government's responsibility to ensure that whites do not become a minority in Britain - or anything remotely approaching a minority.

2. Dr_Evil

Mobster

add another 100 years and there will be none left! :D

3. Bear

Capodecina

Well by 2100 I will be long dead so I wont be adding to those figures ;)

4. Dr_Evil

Mobster

We may become an "endangered species" :D

5. Dolph

Man of Honour

I couldn't really care less about skin colour, in all honesty.

If we were talking cultural changes, that might be different, but that article doesn't discuss that.

The article does make a few assumptions too such as those 'non-whites' coming here will not show any behaviour adaptation at all, something that doesn't tie in with previous immigration (say from the 60's and 70's) and their descendants...

6. scorza

Caporegime

This is serious people. What we've got here in England today is ethnic cleansing.

I've been thinking for a while now about this theory that NuLabour is trying to destroy England, and make London a kind of New York for the United States of Europe. Obviously one large obstacle to that would be the English, so lets get rid of them. The more time goes on, the more I see evidence of this actually happening :(

7. dirtydog

PermaBanned

Race is not simply skin colour. Also culture and race go hand in hand. A minority-white Britain would be utterly unrecognisable from Britain today, just as majority-black and Asian areas of Britain are unrecognisable from the past.

8. dirtydog

PermaBanned

I think this is right. Many of our best people, the most intelligent, educated and skilled, are leaving the country. The people who tend to have the most children in this country will be ethnic minorities and/or white dole scum who will likely pass on their low quality genes to their offspring. Gold help this country in the future.

9. @if ®afiq

Soldato

Agreed fully, and lol at the "ethnic cleansing" claims....methinks someone has been reading one too many BNP leaflets.

*edit* WiKi LinKi

10. Dolph

Man of Honour

Tell that to naturalised coloured british citizens...

You also forget that the majority white britian now and in 1900 would also be unrecognisable if you tried to compare the two ;)

Trying to establish 100 year trends regarding society is pretty futile, in all honesty, there are far, far too many variables for it to possibly make anything other than a wild guess.

11. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

I can't say I'm all that bothered really, if the British were to become a minority in their own country then I might feel slightly more interested but just because the country might not be "white", nah. Couldn't give a stuff about whatever skin colour being in a minority as long as they are not unfairly treated because of it. I simply don't see it as a fight to be the 'superior' colour so there is no reason to feel worried that there may be a minority of "whites" in this country.

At the risk of being dense, what plausible benefit would come to Labour if that happened?

12. dirtydog

PermaBanned

We can compare black/Asian areas today, with white areas today, and see that there is a big difference. It isn't simply a generational difference, it is a race and culture difference.

13. VIRII

PermaBanned

I think a full on race war will happen long before then.
    Economic downturn and we could see the sort of action Hitler took, whilst such a thing is "unthinkable" history shows it is not impossible.

14. VIRII

PermaBanned

I believe that Labour get high levelsof support in ethnic minority areas traditionally.

15. dirtydog

PermaBanned

For a start I believe that immigrants and ethnic minorities are more likely to vote for Labour. Labour's policies could be seen as a form of gerrymandering. I don't believe that this is their primary goal (although who knows) but I do believe it is one consequence.

16. RDM

Capodecina

Personally I think the report is somehwat flawed.

Last thing I read was that the ethnic minority population of the UK stood at around 7%. So we are hardly in any immediate danger. 4% growth would assume we have housing to accomodate them, which just isn't the case and is less likely to be the case with increasing property prices. It also doesn't figure in the fact that birth rate tends to go downt he more affluent people get. First generation immigrants may have large familes but second generation are much less likely to, if nothing else because of the high cost of bringing up children in developed countries.

While whites being a minority is no doubt a problem in certain towns in the UK it is a very long way from being a problem in the majority of the UK. What needs to be tackled is the (often self inflicted) ghettoisation of certain minority cultures.

17. dirtydog

PermaBanned

The UK throws money at people who have children; the more you have, the more benefits you get. Many of those who have the most children in this country don't care about how hugely expensive it is; they're not paying a penny of it!

18. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

I'm noting this date in my diary, dirtydog and VIRII agreeing on something. :)

Ok, even allowing that there is traditionally higher levels of support for labour in ethnic minority areas it would surely be naive to expect that to continue ad infinitum as there is a fair chance that other parties better able to represent their constituents would spring up. Now I don't want to suggest Labour are clever but I don't reckon it would be a concious policy when there are so many more variables, just because something is traditional doesn't mean it will or even should continue.

19. dirtydog

PermaBanned

It doesn't really matter why they are pursuing this policy, so much as the fact that they are pursuing it.

20. Dolph

Man of Honour

That's a recent thing though (last 50 years or so), who's to say it will carry on?