Who are these people that complain all the time?

Soldato
I just saw this on the BBC site and im puzzled why there are always total clowns who feel it their "duty" to complain about things that are perfectly fine. I mean do they just sit at home with a pen and paper ready to go at a moments notice!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7991555.stm

The horses are these people's entire life. They are slaughtered as and when needed, in the same way we kill cattle here. Some people need to wake up and smell the roses if they think that real life needs censorship. :rolleyes:

They were warned about what was going to be shown yet they still watch and then complain? idiots.

Man of Honour
Pretty sad moaning about it. These sorts of programmes should open peoples eyes to what goes on (bit like the ones filming inside chicken factories and the like). Do they think everything is pink and fluffy in the World?

Soldato
People like to complain, it's in their nature. However, as long as people take no notice of them then as far as I am concerned they can complain all they like!

It's like the M&S adverts being changed from the kinky voice because people complained!

Soldato
Chicken factories? Fine.

Pig factories? Fine.

Cow factories? Don't be silly, everyone knows cows live outside, wear slippers and ride motorcycles. It was on the advert!

A dead horse? My.. GOD! Call the WAAAMBULANCE!

Associate
I just saw this on the BBC site and im puzzled why there are always total clowns who feel it their "duty" to complain about things that are perfectly fine. I mean do they just sit at home with a pen and paper ready to go at a moments notice!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7991555.stm

The horses are these people's entire life. They are slaughtered as and when needed, in the same way we kill cattle here. Some people need to wake up and smell the roses if they think that real life needs censorship. :rolleyes:

They were warned about what was going to be shown yet they still watch and then complain? idiots.
They are complaining about watching a horse being strangled then hit on the head with an axe then stabbed through the heart. What about you yourself who feels the need to complain about their complaining?

People complain about a lot of things and I expected having read the thread title to agree with you. However a show about horses is going to draw horse lovers and the described scene does sound pretty horrific. The viewers were warned something was going to happen but I guess that didn't prepare them for what they saw. I don't think I've seen an animal treated as brutally on TV as described, at least not at human hands.

As for respecting the culture of the 'horse people'. Sure. Of course. Are people complaining about the people or the brutal depiction of their lifestyle which they were exposed to? I remember looking up information about some type of dog on youtube and finding a video of a guy beating a wolf then setting two dogs on it. This was a while ago and I am still haunted by the images I saw before I switched if off. I reported the video, not because I think the guy in the video was acting reprehensibly, maybe he is a farmer who has lost a lot of livestock for example, but because the video did not, in my opinion, belong on youtube.

Caporegime
There's good eating on a horse, tbh.

They are complaining about watching a horse being strangled then hit on the head with an axe then stabbed through the heart. What about you yourself who feels the need to complain about their complaining?

They were warned that the documentary would contain disturbing footage, so they could have saved themselves some grief by switching off at that point. Instead, they chose to watch and - predictably - found themselves offended by the very footage they had been warned about. I don't have a great deal of sympathy for people like that.

Hope I can catch this on iPlayer.

Associate
However a show about horses is going to draw horse lovers and the described scene does sound pretty horrific. The viewers were warned something was going to happen but I guess that didn't prepare them for what they saw. I don't think I've seen an animal treated as brutally on TV as described, at least not at human hands.

Soldato

People complain about a lot of things and I expected having read the thread title to agree with you. However a show about horses is going to draw horse lovers and the described scene does sound pretty horrific. The viewers were warned something was going to happen but I guess that didn't prepare them for what they saw. I don't think I've seen an animal treated as brutally on TV as described, at least not at human hands.

As for respecting the culture of the 'horse people'. Sure. Of course. Are people complaining about the people or the brutal depiction of their lifestyle which they were exposed to? I remember looking up information about some type of dog on youtube and finding a video of a guy beating a wolf then setting two dogs on it. This was a while ago and I am still haunted by the images I saw before I switched if off. I reported the video, not because I think the guy in the video was acting reprehensibly, maybe he is a farmer who has lost a lot of livestock for example, but because the video did not, in my opinion, belong on youtube.
They had a warning about it, and were about to show what people who slaughter animals do. Wtf did you expect?

Soldato

As for respecting the culture of the 'horse people'. Sure. Of course. Are people complaining about the people or the brutal depiction of their lifestyle which they were exposed to?

You get two types of horse people. People that love them and work with them, and people that just love them. My friend is a big horse person, owned them since she was about 4 years old and has worked them since leaving school 12 years ago.

These types of people are fully aware of the lifestyle including the kinds of things described in this thread. As much as they love horses they are realists, they know and understand what happens and in some cases, what needs to be done!

It's the people that think horses are nice but have no experience of them that will be complaining about this!

Associate
They had a warning about it, and were about to show what people who slaughter animals do. Wtf did you expect?
What a well reasoned argument.
"Tonight's programme features a community who cares deeply for their animals, but ultimately, in scenes which some may find upsetting, kill them for food,"
So I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a program about animal slaughterers, though yes they do eventually slaughter their animals. I myself probably would have expected a gun shot to the head, not the old strangulation, axe to the head, stabbed through the heart method.

Associate
You get two types of horse people. People that love them and work with them, and people that just love them. My friend is a big horse person, owned them since she was about 4 years old and has worked them since leaving school 12 years ago.

These types of people are fully aware of the lifestyle including the kinds of things described in this thread. As much as they love horses they are realists, they know and understand what happens and in some cases, what needs to be done!

It's the people that think horses are nice but have no experience of them that will be complaining about this!
I get you. I just think people were probably expecting a more 'humane' approach to the horses slaughter.

Soldato
I get you. I just think people were probably expecting a more 'humane' approach to the horses slaughter.

Why though. Do these people really lead such sheltered lives that they think this stuff doesn't happen?

Some people seem alarmingly scared of life, and the world that surrounds them.

Associate
Yes, I agree to an extent. People don't want to see inside slaughter houses for example. Still though, this does seem like an unprecedentedly cruel, even barbaric, method of slaughter and that is probably what shocked the viewers who complained.

Back
Top Bottom